Sonic Electronix

Why is the Audioque Clipping?

Got a Audioque 1200d pushing 2 re audio sex12d4 and it sounds like shit. Everytime it barely gets loud the amp starts clipping and the protect light comes on. I dont know wat to do. i wont to send the amp back cuz ive gotten three shop opinions and they all say the amp is not even pushing the watts that audioque claims. should i try to send it back or is there somethen else?

Got a Audioque 1200d pushing 2 re audio sex12d4 and it sounds like shit. Everytime it barely gets loud the amp starts clipping and the protect light comes on. I dont know wat to do. i wont to send the amp back cuz ive gotten three shop opinions and they all say the amp is not even pushing the watts that audioque claims. should i try to send it back or is there somethen else?

What is your electrical like?

Also check you RCA preouts at the headunit. Then check it down the line. Make sure you are getting the same reading.

turn all the amp settings down, make the ssf little below half, gain about half, bass boost at 0 and lpf around 80hz if you can, sound better?

and that shop is wrong, those amps put out way more than what they say when used correctly, tell them to STFU, its either the subs or the box or the way you have it tuned.

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a Audioque 1200d pushing 2 re audio sex12d4 and it sounds like shit. Everytime it barely gets loud the amp starts clipping and the protect light comes on. I dont know wat to do. i wont to send the amp back cuz ive gotten three shop opinions and they all say the amp is not even pushing the watts that audioque claims.should i try to send it back or is there somethen else?

sales BS.. they tryin to get you to buy their shit. you know what you bought bro... heard only good things about AQ.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db