Sonic Electronix

Why is the Audioque Clipping?

wire you subs like this, one sub has 2 positives and 2 negatives wire 2 positives together and then 2 negatives together. On the other sub do the same. No you should have 2 postives and 2 negatives, wire those together so you should have 1 positive and 1 negative. Take the negative and connect it to the amp and do the same with the positive.

mJzD9.png

So you only use two of the terminals on the amp?

yes, they are wired in parallel inside the amp, just wire to one set of terminals to avoid even more confusion.

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now there is a positve in one terminal and the negative in one and then the other posative and negative are in a connector together. so i should pull those apart and twist the positve together in one terminal and the negativ etogether on one terminal and leave the othe two empty? Right?

All positives need to go STRAIGHT to the amp and ALL negatives STRAIGHT to the amp. If you connect all te positives together inside the box that is fine as long as no positive touches a negative. Hope that makes sense. Your Subs are wired around 4ohms right now so you're only getting like 500 watts out of the amp

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

What I meant by inside the box is you could have one terminal on the box and all 4 postings can go to one wire to the amp. Same with the negatives. Let me bust out my very expensive photo editing equipment and make you a pic.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

2687e670.jpg

Oh yeah. Try to keep all your wires about he same length from terminal to terminal. Helps not build up resistance.

hey i have the same amp and set up. I wired all the positives together and they only use 1 slot on the amp same with negatives is that ok?

mJzD9.png

It doesn't matter. Take that same drawing you could have one terminal on the box and all positives to one and negatives to one. And just run one wire to one positive and one one negative and it will see the same impendance. Even though it shows you two terminals on the amp they are actually just one big positive and one big negative. It's to make it easier for you if your using bigger speaker wire each speaker could have it's own terminal instead of cramming two big wires into one.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Archived