DC Sound Lab

Yeah, I'm doing the fiberglass on mine now just because I'm about to graduate college and I'm picking up a second vehicle. The big thing for my mids and highs upgrade was that from looking in the window, except for the screen in the dash and nitrous controls in the center console, it had to look stock or at least really close, I didn't want to advertise that somebody should steal my stuff. So it's definitely not some SQ machine that's perfect, but it's a solid upgrade from the stock stereo (which will make you CRY... when you pull the stock stuff out and see how much the Shaker 500 cost as an option). But if you can do a little fiberglass work (it's not terrible, I'm pretty new to it too lol) you can make the car sound awesome!

yea i know what u mean i had my chevy caprice and they broke in and stole everything when io was in vaction it got me really pissed :angry: but lessons learned should have paid for a alarm system, im honestly worried the box mostly since its the most weridest trunk i ever seen i wanna find a good box builder and disgner but i cant really find no1 in the southern wisconsin and northern ill

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

how much power did u put on them??? becuz with the electrical upgrades i plan to do on them its there goin to get around 2100 watts a peice (guessin on # tho)

I had 1700 or so a piece.

One decided to rip the surround from the cone.

Build log in sig if you'd like to see.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Build log in sig if you'd like to see.

yea i check it out bro :drink40:

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Build log in sig if you'd like to see

I had my XL rip the surround right by the cone (after only a month of having it). Had DC recone it and they said that it was my fault because it "unloaded" from being played at a high volume with my windows down (pretty much an exact quote from the tech). They said my coil was torn up pretty good too, but I figure that's from having a surround rip and it playing pretty loud for a good 2-3 minutes until I could pull out of traffic to see what was up. It was bound to start banging a coil when the surround crapped out. And I only had my T1500-1bd on it. Box was 1.15 cubes at 33 Hz, playing rock when the surround died. They fixed it for free but said that it was my fault and that they wouldn't fix it again, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to start taking it easy on the XL's (they sound so good on daily music) and swap them out for my AQ HDC3 10's for when I hit up a comp, I don't wanna have to start paying for recones from a surround that rips and tears up the coil lol.

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

I had my XL rip the surround right by the cone (after only a month of having it). Had DC recone it and they said that it was my fault because it "unloaded" from being played at a high volume with my windows down (pretty much an exact quote from the tech). They said my coil was torn up pretty good too, but I figure that's from having a surround rip and it playing pretty loud for a good 2-3 minutes until I could pull out of traffic to see what was up. It was bound to start banging a coil when the surround crapped out. And I only had my T1500-1bd on it. Box was 1.15 cubes at 33 Hz, playing rock when the surround died. They fixed it for free but said that it was my fault and that they wouldn't fix it again, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to start taking it easy on the XL's (they sound so good on daily music) and swap them out for my AQ HDC3 10's for when I hit up a comp, I don't wanna have to start paying for recones from a surround that rips and tears up the coil lol.

I don't unload my equipment and when it happened I was playing a 40hz song when i'm to 29hz.

Either way i'm reconing them to 12's.

So hopefully it won't happen again.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

I don't unload my equipment and when it happened I was playing a 40hz song when i'm to 29hz.

Lol, I don't either, I have a HPF at 30 Hz. Mine tore through on what I THINK was the new disturbed album (or might have been old Metallica) if I remember correctly. I was just relaying what they told me, that it was from high volume with the windows down. I didn't know if anybody else had had this same problem with their XL's...

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

Lol, I don't either, I have a HPF at 30 Hz. Mine tore through on what I THINK was the new disturbed album (or might have been old Metallica) if I remember correctly. I was just relaying what they told me, that it was from high volume with the windows down. I didn't know if anybody else had had this same problem with their XL's...

so im assuming just hold off alil about buying some XL then??? i honestly hate shipping things back and forth

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

HUH?

Oh and Knocks...that's a long username. lol

haha yea i know kinda regret it now, my real name is not common nethier so its not much help, like ur avatar tho (Chicago Sox fan)

CAR

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s