Sonic Electronix

Engine noise goign to drive me crazy!!

i have a p400-4 amp rear is running bridged at 2 ohm 200WRMS 2 p1 150WRMS each and front running 2 components, on the subs i have gain set at 3/4, punch set to about 1/4 running a 50hz tone sounded good no distortion sounded nice and clean. While playing a song when a heavy bass line starts up the amp will shut off and back on really quick.

Also i have engine noise coming from the front tweeters. the noise is through the speakers also when engine is off i have constant high pitch whine. come in when 1 RCA gets plugged in in any of the 4 inputs, one rear is plugged in noise from front. i have my capacitor grounded on the battery terminal about 12" long. the amp is grounded to the capacitor about 4" long. running 4ga Rockford fosgate wire power and ground. Power from Batt to Cap is about 12-14" long power from amp to capacitor is 4" long. The RCA's are Rockford Fosgate single twist but i don't think it is coming from the RCA's due to i can plug in the sub RCA into the Rear and noise comes in to the front. I bought the amp from best buy and it was open box so i think it might be the amp i have tried all the other possibilities. RCA's are ran away from power wires and no part of RCA is coiled in a bundle.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Edited by michigancapri92

i just redid all my grounds all crimped connects all solid grounds ... i will recheck my battery ground ... what about the amp cutting out ? same thing ground problem ?

If the batter ground is bad that could also cause my alt not putting out 14 volts also right ??

I have a strong feeling it is the battery to chassis ground what would be best place in trunk to ground it to and a good terminal to use

As of right now its grounded to seat belt bolt

What type of car is it? I have a uni-body car and I grounded to the rear strut tower and it's all good.

Grounding to a seatbelt bolt is a big MEH.

EDIT: Nvm car is in your sig.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

can you take the amp back. someone returned it cuz it possibly had an issue and then you bought it lol

i bought it when Best buy was switching over from rockford to kicker (MEH) and it was there display one was never plugged in just bolted to the rack to show people. got it for 130 so IF it is bad then i wont feel bad putting a few bucks in it because websited MSRP is 360. I will bolt it up to my rear strut mount i also think it could be the connection on terminals, it was my first ever solder job so maybe thats bad does anyone have like 7 or 8" of 0 gauge laying around :-)))

Edited by michigancapri92