Sonic Electronix

Engine noise goign to drive me crazy!!

Try Grounding the RCA's to the chassis of the headunit... This could help, as well as you may have blown a resistor in the headunit. also, have you tried a different set of RCA's? maybe there is a short in the current ones... Troubleshoot these and see if anything happens. Good luck

where on the chassis ??? 2 bolts on the radio heat sinks ok ?

ok so what could it mean when engine is off and i took a new set of RCAs and plugged them into the amp ... when i plug them into the rear RCA's massive high pitched noise comes from the front when the RCA's are only plugged into the amp nothing on the other end ... when i touch the rca's i can make it thump ... when i plugged them into the FRONT RCA's its still there but ALOT less ... its like the channels are reversed ... plugged into rear loud noise from front plugged into fron little noise from front .... what could that mean ? The RCA's are plugged into the AMP outside of the car.

what head unit. my god. i bet its a pioneer.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I had a set of Rockford Double-twist RCA's that were the culprit when I had that problem.

Replaced them with the good (double-twist equivalent) of Kicker RCA's and that fixed a lot of problems. Super clean now!

I recommend makin sure the ground to your headunit is solid and preferably usin the battery strap or bolted to the chassis.

Edited by dwz

grounded head unit did nothing ... and yes it is a pioneer but i get engine noise even when the head unit is not plugged into the RCA's only when plugged into the AMP so only thing going from HU to amp is the remote and i still have engine noise ... and a hiss even when the engine is off i have tried multiple grounds with capacitor without capacitor tried 4 sets of RCA's all the same thing >.< i have the HU ground upgraded and bolted to the chassis. i tried the amp grounded on capacitor capacitor is grounded on battery tried amp and capacitor grounded to chassis not battery tried capacitor grounded to battery and amp grounded to chassis all the same results ... noise coming from speakers when only the rca is plugged into the AMP. and RCA's are outside of car ...

hooked the car up to a different amplifier and no noise ... nothing ... so it would be safe to say that the other amplifier has a problem somewhere ... could the RCA be bad on the amplifier ? and whats the usual cost to have those fixed on a Rockford fosgate p400-4?