Sonic Electronix

Leave it facing the rear. Takes quite a bit of work to get it sealed off right and isn't something to just take out in a day to redo. But I would slide the box farther back. Maybe 3-4 inches from the trunk back. Gives the subs more airspace between the back seat to build up better pressure. It will be louder just by moving it back

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

imma put mine sub up port to side. i never tried it...

but frontsub+frontport vs back+back.

to me back+back winsin loudness. unles you have it very sealed up!

Leave it facing the rear. Takes quite a bit of work to get it sealed off right and isn't something to just take out in a day to redo. But I would slide the box farther back. Maybe 3-4 inches from the trunk back. Gives the subs more airspace between the back seat to build up better pressure. It will be louder just by moving it back

when I move my sub box closer to the trunk it gets louder(facing the trunk obviously) :trippy:

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Not for sure if I'm able to move it back that far because of the trunk bars are right above the amp so they kinda bump into the amp.

As you can see the gray bars that run right above the amp. If I could mingle with the bars a bit I can slide it back.

systemincar2.jpg

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

No. You want it closest to the trunk not the seat. So when you open the trunk. BAM there's the box with really no space in front of the speakers

OHHH Got confused for a second! So bring it closer to the trunk opening correct?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

from my experience dealing with sub box directional firing, i've done every trick in the book except for the sealing off/wall type set up. The loudest and cleanest bass output was subs up port towards the back seat with seats folded down, it made a huge difference in output level and clarity. give it a shot but you'll have to build another box for that to hear the difference