Sonic Electronix

Can't get rid of static noise

make sure your ground on your deck is good, and make sure the rca's aren't running by the power wire running to your deck. If none of that is messed up, might want to try some new rca's. might be the slightest of nicks in them and could cause it. i had the problem and checked everything multiple times, and tried some new rcas, and whammo fixed it. I couldn't find anything wrong with the old ones except a tiny little slice in the coating on them, but must of been enough to screw them up, or it was just a coincedence and they were just bad.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

alrite, ill do that tomorrow, its dark outside and my flashlights broken lol. probably stay up all night researching trying to figure this out. thanks for your help :)

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

make sure your ground on your deck is good, and make sure the rca's aren't running by the power wire running to your deck. If none of that is messed up, might want to try some new rca's. might be the slightest of nicks in them and could cause it. i had the problem and checked everything multiple times, and tried some new rcas, and whammo fixed it. I couldn't find anything wrong with the old ones except a tiny little slice in the coating on them, but must of been enough to screw them up, or it was just a coincedence and they were just bad.

the deck ground is connected to the wiring harness adapter. the closest the rca's are to the power is probably 15 inches or so. the rca is new, ill try switching it with the other monster rca i have and see if that helps at all.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

the deck ground is connected to the wiring harness adapter. the closest the rca's are to the power is probably 15 inches or so. the rca is new, ill try switching it with the other monster rca i have and see if that helps at all.

Good luck to you man, I know what it's like to have noise threw your speakers, it sucks, especially when you check everything and try different things and still can't get rid of it. Its always the most minor thing to thats causing it. just double and triple check everything, thats all i know to tell you, hopefully someone else chimes in and can help u out. But it's worth trying new rca's. don't have to completely run them or anything, just hook them up and see if it's better.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

ok its not the rca's, i just tested out another monster rca and the old walmart one i was using before and the noise is still there :/ dimly lit working conditions suck

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Have you tried it with the radio out of the dash. My brothers ranger had a wire for the tach right by one side of the radio and we didn't know it at first. When he got a new radio the rcas were in a different location and it was gone

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

ok it seems like im gonna need to ground my headunit to the back then. would it be ok if i split 14 awg speaker wire and used that for the wire to run the ground to the back?

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

yea, when i was trying different rca's the head unit was pulled out as far as possible. bleh. ok, gym time for me. more troubleshooting tomorrow T_T thanks for all your help guys!

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived