CJs DC Warhorse F150 Build Log(VIDEO pg11)

I thought the same thing. Small world right. could you throw some advice my way and look at my voltage thread under general discussion would like more advice. Spencerfitch88 help me out some today.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

Ive always wondered cj how do you know you are giving it 5k? is the gain up half way? or is there a readout on the warhorse? have you ever actually clamped the amp to see what rise is ? and im glad you went with the xls i love mine and they will get louder and louder

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Great job glade to see you finally have a video of these monsters. Cant wait for more. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

What is your voltage module from mechman set at on the atl's.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

Ive always wondered cj how do you know you are giving it 5k? is the gain up half way? or is there a readout on the warhorse? have you ever actually clamped the amp to see what rise is ? and im glad you went with the xls i love mine and they will get louder and louder

The warhorse has a limiter that controls the amount of power the amp puts out. I have it half way up, so I know it is putting out 5k. After countless hours of conversation with kicker techs and engineers, my understanding is that the warhorse is not effected by impedance rise. If it sees 2ohms per coil at the outputs, then it puts out 10k. The only factor that effects power output is voltage. I have a thread in the amps section about how the warhorse works with some good articles I have found explaining how it works.

The XLs are a bad ass sub! I am very happy with them. I have 4 XL 18s on the way for a build I am doing for a guys Dodge Caravan. Just waiting for him to order batteries and amps.

Great job glade to see you finally have a video of these monsters. Cant wait for more. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

What is your voltage module from mechman set at on the atl's.

I will get more in the next few days. I was planning on building the trim pieces today, but I am letting a friend use my shop to do a small install in his dads truck. I will get the trim panels built, wrapped and installed tomorrow. Hopefully by the weekend I will have the amp tuned and crank it full tilt.

Sorry for the shitty pics, but my Iphone deosnt like to take good pics at night. I will get better ones in the morning.

I built a top for the amp rack and wrapped it in the charcoal CF vinyl that I used on the sides and tops of the box.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Turn the amp up already and go easy on the volume knob :good:

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived