any diehard droid geeks ?

dont put much stock at all into quadrant scores. way to easy to cheat with editing build props (lagfix does this) it does not change the phones processing at all it just gives you a large quadrant number...just like stagefright hacks for droids where people have 3500+ scores lol

Honestly, it's very hard to brick it. Your only going to really brick it when adding a ROM, you just gotta make sure it's compatible with your phone before you just add it though, that's why you do some research before hand. And the droid market has tons and tons of stuff that you can do with your phone, more then you can really handle ha.

now im all exited about this phone lmao ill prob get the certified preowned droid X for 100 bills

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Honestly, it's very hard to brick it. Your only going to really brick it when adding a ROM, you just gotta make sure it's compatible with your phone before you just add it though, that's why you do some research before hand. And the droid market has tons and tons of stuff that you can do with your phone, more then you can really handle ha.

Even if you do brick it, which happens to A LOT of people that decide to change between custom ROMs every other day, you can just SBF your phone back to .32, then from there either install TBH .zips to get the upgraded bootloader, kernel, baseband etc. (.340). Or use maderstcok .340 update zip.

& if you are already on .340 and seriously mess your phone up but can still get into clockwork, you can just use maderstcok's zip after you wipe data/cache a few times, and you're phone will return to completely stock .340, like you just walked out of the store with it stock.

dont put much stock at all into quadrant scores. way to easy to cheat with editing build props (lagfix does this) it does not change the phones processing at all it just gives you a large quadrant number...just like stagefright hacks for droids where people have 3500+ scores lol

Agreed. I went into my build.prop with root explorer and enabled stagefright to piss my buddy off. But for some reason or another, after you enable you will loose the HD video, and the videos will become VERY grainy. Even after you go back, disable it, reboot, wipe, etc. Only way I was able to fix it was to find the original blur camera apk and flash it onto my phone through clockwork, that worked like a charm.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

^ Yeah I forgot to mention that. No matter what you do you can always restore it back to the stock form. Just learn what you're doing before diving into it or you'll get confused very easily. You don't need to add a ROM either. I just used z4root to root my phone and get the benefits of rooting without adding a ROM (mainly because I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing and not all that technical with things like these).

^ Yeah I forgot to mention that. No matter what you do you can always restore it back to the stock form. Just learn what you're doing before diving into it or you'll get confused very easily. You don't need to add a ROM either. I just used z4root to root my phone and get the benefits of rooting without adding a ROM (mainly because I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing and not all that technical with things like these).

Agreed. First thing you should do after rooting is download bootstrap and make a nandroid backup on your SD card. Then download Titanium Backup to backup all your apps.

Also, if you want the phone to run a little faster, and conserve a little battery WITHOUT having to flash a new ROM onto the phone, go into the market and buy an application called "Bloat Freezer", you do have to be rooted to use it, so don't waste your time if you're not.

I'm currently running DarkSlide Blur v4.2 so I could keep the blur apps, but then used bloat freezer to freeze the ones I did not want to keep, I like having tons of options :clapping:

If you need help flashing your first ROM, or decisions on what kind of ROM you should get, just PM me, I'll be more than glad to help.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

For some info, how long does it generally take to root a phone for someone who has never done it? I would add a ROM but I can't figure out all of its purposes yet that I can't do with a rooted phone on stock ROM.

z4root. One click app. When I ran it on my DX took about a minute, when my buddy ran it on his DX took about 5 minutes because he had to run it twice.

Custom ROMs just change whatever the dev wants to change, remove blur/bloat as they see fit which'll make the phone run faster. Make any part of the phone look different. You can easily achieve that with just rooting your phone keeping the stock ROM and using Ninjamorph to edit what you see fit, it just takes quit a bit of time, patiences, and work. Custom ROMs just do that automatically for you.

Btw, I don't know what phone you are using, maybe I missed the post or something. But this is for z4root.

"Compatible with PERMANENT root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)

Backflip

Sony X10

Xperia Mini

Droid 2

Galaxy Tab

Galaxy I5700

Galaxy 3 I5800

Droid X

Samsung Acclaim

Cricket Huawei Ascend

Motorola Cliq

Huawei 8120

Hero

G1

Optimus T

Droid 1

Garmin Asus A50

Motorola Defy

LG Ally

Motorola Flipside

Motorola Milestone 2

Dell streak

X10 Mini Pro

Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with PERMANENT root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)

Desire HD (requires nand unlock)

Magic (unknown)

Evo (requires nand unlock)

G2 (requires nand unlock)

Archos 70 (unknown)

myTouch 3G (unknown)

Wildfire

Droid Incredible"

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I'm using the Optimus S (should be the same as the t-mobile one, I'm just on Sprint). I've already z4rooted it I was just curious what is exactly the perk of adding a custom ROM that I can't do now, except modify my notification bar to make it black (comes as a white bar stock).

I'm using the Optimus S (should be the same as the t-mobile one, I'm just on Sprint). I've already z4rooted it I was just curious what is exactly the perk of adding a custom ROM that I can't do now, except modify my notification bar to make it black (comes as a white bar stock).

You can do anything a custom rom does, you just have to know what you are doing and have patience when doing it.

But I mean, just find a custom ROM for your phone, flash it and try it out! If you don't like it, revert to stock with the backup you created.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived