any diehard droid geeks ?

I give up on trying to get a black notification bar. Everything I've tried has failed and I'm not sure what else to do.

I'm trying to get the EvilBlue theme on this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830381 but metamorph gives me an error about the theme and it doesn't apply it.

That seems to be for the G2, I thought you were using the Optimus S? Since I don't have any experience with those other android phones it is a little difficult to give some help. But...IF these phones are like the DX, and you want to stay on the stock ROM but want to put themes on your phone (like you are), the stock ROM has to be Deoxed first. But as I said, I do not know if those phones are already like that, I just know if you want to keep a stock ROM on the DX but add themes/edit things, you have to Deoxed your stock ROM first.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

That seems to be for the G2, I thought you were using the Optimus S? Since I don't have any experience with those other android phones it is a little difficult to give some help. But...IF these phones are like the DX, and you want to stay on the stock ROM but want to put themes on your phone (like you are), the stock ROM has to be Deoxed first. But as I said, I do not know if those phones are already like that, I just know if you want to keep a stock ROM on the DX but add themes/edit things, you have to Deoxed your stock ROM first.

Holy shit I didn't even notice that was the G2, that's what I get for trying to do this when tired. What is deoxed though?

Holy shit I didn't even notice that was the G2, that's what I get for trying to do this when tired. What is deoxed though?

Deoxed was explained the best by a guy named "RoOoLeR" over on droidxforums, credit goes to him for this.

"Deodexed ROMs have their .apk's (which are basically the application packages) repackaged in a certain way. An "odex" can be thought of as a collection of parts of applications that have been pulled out and optimized before booting. This speeds up the boot process - in a way, it preloads part of the applications - but it also makes hacking those apps difficult because part of the original code is already extracted somewhere else.

Deodexing is just a process of putting those pieces back into the original applications. It takes a while to extract those parts and build the .dex cache (aka Dalvik cache), but only because the relevant parts aren't in an easy-to-access place for the system. The advantage of this is that an app can be modified effectively and the developer doesn't have to worry about conflicts from the separate odex part of the code.

So, short version: "Deodexed" ROMs have all their apps put back together. If an app can be themed, for example, a deodexed version of that app will not get messed up when the modified .apk tries to mesh with the odex of the original un-modified .apk. Because it's not there.

If you want an aftermarket theme, you need a deodexed ROM. I'm not sure if deodexing can be done to individual apps within a non-deodexed ROM.Credit -> SilverZero"

But while searching your phone up, I did find STOCK Deoxed ROM you can download for it. With that you can teach yourself or ask help from one of the devs on how to theme the stock Deoxed ROM yourself and flashing it to your phone. Clicky

3rd post down labled "v9 Deodex Stock Theme Template -- Optimus S"

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

whats the difference between sense and vanilla and senseless lol

I'm guessing you are on an HTC Device. "Sense" is a UI on a few HTC phones IIRC. I did a quick google search and I think I see the "vanilla" and "senseless" you are talking about. Sky Raider 2.2 (Vanilla) "Senseless" ROM. If so, you can read about it here.

From the link above "This ROM is based off of the latest leaked Android 2.2 Incredible ROM with many different apps and services removed (think HTC Sense and a bunch of other things that are “not needed”)"

Also, to CFallsFbody, it seems like you do not want to flash to a ROM, but since I cannot be too much help to you on the device you use, I can pretty much only offer this link to help you out. "ThundeROM", it has the black notification bar that you are wanting. You can scroll down in the thread a few post and you will run into screenshots of the ROM, just maybe something to think about if you cannot get it working. ROM Here

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I'm reading up on it but does adding the deodex rom change anything? I want to add a theme but don't want to lose anything such as how my screens are set up, wallpaper, etc. If I just download and apply the stock deodex then apply a theme it'll only change the themed colors correct? Just making sure before I jump into it and I appreciate the help.

I'll flash the deodex rom/theme/whatever if it'll allow me to download themes. Just gotta figure out how to download these to my root with SD card in the computer. And will I lose anything by flashing to a ROM?

I'm reading up on it but does adding the deodex rom change anything? I want to add a theme but don't want to lose anything such as how my screens are set up, wallpaper, etc. If I just download and apply the stock deodex then apply a theme it'll only change the themed colors correct? Just making sure before I jump into it and I appreciate the help.

I'll flash the deodex rom/theme/whatever if it'll allow me to download themes. Just gotta figure out how to download these to my root with SD card in the computer. And will I lose anything by flashing to a ROM?

If the ROM/theme calls for wiping data/cache/etc. You WILL lose how your screens are setup and you will have to set them up again. For wallpapers, if they are on your SD card, they will remain there. Anything that is on your SD card will be saved. I am not familiar with your mobile provider, is there an app that backups the contacts on your phone? If not, you will have to move the contacts to your SD card, unless you feel the need to put them all back in haha. Also did you check out the ThundeROM link I posted?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

If the ROM/theme calls for wiping data/cache/etc. You WILL lose how your screens are setup and you will have to set them up again. For wallpapers, if they are on your SD card, they will remain there. Anything that is on your SD card will be saved. I am not familiar with your mobile provider, is there an app that backups the contacts on your phone? If not, you will have to move the contacts to your SD card, unless you feel the need to put them all back in haha. Also did you check out the ThundeROM link I posted?

Oh forget doing all that ha. I'm checking out the ThundeROM but won't it do the same thing?

Oh forget doing all that ha. I'm checking out the ThundeROM but won't it do the same thing?

Yes, it will. Every time you flash a custom ROM onto your phone (SOMETIMES the dev will not call for it), but most of the time it is required. In the ThundeROM thread, it requires to "wipe data,cache,dalvik" before flashing so you will lose how your screens are setup.

EDIT: Which is why I love to keep my screens simple as possible, just in case something happens and I have to re-flash to a nandroid I created, or decide to flash to a new ROM (Thinking about trying out the Gingerbread theme).

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived