Old Ripley's Believe it or Not ALMA GATES footage

so what is exactly the deal on her? did her and her son build that truck? or did they have outside help?

Lol wow I'm young as hell compared to a lot of these old dudes on here and know about Alma.

She had a $200k vacuum seal on that bronco and was doin those numbers with the top on or off lulz.

She's a legend in spl, built the truck cause her grandson iirc went to a show and some of the dudes he was asking for advice etc was dicks to him.

Someone correct my story if I'm wrong.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Lol wow I'm young as hell compared to a lot of these old dudes on here and know about Alma.

She had a $200k vacuum seal on that bronco and was doin those numbers with the top on or off lulz.

She's a legend in spl, built the truck cause her grandson iirc went to a show and some of the dudes he was asking for advice etc was dicks to him.

i remember her saying that she wanted to spend more time bonding with her son and his interest were car audio so thats what they did ... but u might be right

cowboys_logo.gif

Who wouldnt want to see a lil ol' lady at a show

alma_gates_1986_ford_bronco_20th_anniversary_2.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Damn is this forum full of that many noobs?! Alma Gates is only a Car Audio Legend, this where back in the mid 90's if im not mistaking.

Wow that is what I was thinking too.

Thats the what I have heard as well. There was a right up in playboy that had her and Steve plus some others in it. IIRC that was pretty much the same story that they had. She was like a retired school teacher or some thing like that. She took her grandson to the show and he was all jacked to meet this guy and he was just a dick to them. I think they came back the next year and smashed the guy that was a dick to them. I cant remember his name though. I have the Playboy. If anyone wants to know I guess I could go grab it and check it out.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

She had her silver Bronco @ my homies shop for the day because @ that time all he really sold was JBL & the JBL rep set it up for her 2 demo the Bronco for the day, about 5-6 years ago kool lady nice setup great SQ but not loud

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who knew or heard of Team Gates. The bronco was insane. I had the chance to see her at a competition (Sound FX) in Tucson, Az. Alma demoed her bronco with a mean hairtrick on my wife with the driver's door opened about 4 inches. At the time her shop was in Chandler, Az and she got into sterio competition because her grandson got picked on at a show. She told me that would be the last time that would happen. This was back around 99 or 2000.

Archived