Second Skin Audio

i need some help please

teddy9090

untitled-1.jpg i need some help on the external port length.i don't have the length in the box for the hole port so i figured 5 inches out of the box for each port would be fine but idk if it leaves enough room at the back of the port for the air to flow efficiently threw the port. can someone help me? and im about half a cube over where i need to be but i cant go any smaller that i can see if someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

Max dimensions of box?

Subs and port placement?

Desired tuning?

Does it have to be areo ports?

Ill help out where i can.

quit trying to tune so low?

and why are you using so much aero port area (12.9 per cube) ?

aero ports do fine around 9 per cube.

and you can tune to 35-36 as your car is gonna act on the acoustics how it wants to regardless.

some how i changed something, tuning should have been right around 35hz. max dimensions are 50 wide by 16 high by 8 feet deep. its a blow thru so subs and port are both forward. and reason for the aeros is because that was the only way i could get it to fit i tried slot port but subs would hit it

You could go to 4 5" aeroports 18" long with height 16" width 45" depth 24" (and keeping your sub and bracing displacement the same). This would give you 7 cubes net (maybe a little more than you wanted) and a tuning of about 35 hz and port area per foot of 11.38.

You could go to 4 5" aeroports 18" long with height 16" width 45" depth 24" (and keeping your sub and bracing displacement the same). This would give you 7 cubes net (maybe a little more than you wanted) and a tuning of about 35 hz and port area per foot of 11.38.

bout a cube more than needed. idk if it would hurt the subs tho. subs need 6 cubes for all 4 a dn are 1000 watts rms the amp im looking does 4300 rms at 1 ohm i believe and i was told it does rated. so idk someone tell me if it would hurt them.

Archived