Just Picked Up A Audiocontrol Epic 160 *pics*

Hey guys I just picked up an Audiocontrol Epic 160. From a Fellow..Never been hooked up...Still in Plastic wrap...Who in here has one that can tell me a little about it..I have read the audiocontrol website, but I want to talk to someone who has one personally..Will it pick up the lower frequency sounds like what are in the Flashdance song...My cd player wouldn't pick them up like I have heard some people's pick up..I wonder if this Bass Restoration Technology on the epic is pretty cool?? If you have one tell me something about it...

i know lsn has one your taking about the one with built in spl meter also right?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

i know lsn has one your taking about the one with built in spl meter also right?

Greetings. I have one. After having it, I wouldn't buy one again. That being said, it does have some nice things about it. The built in meter is not really accurate, but you can use it for a reference point. If you hit a 149 and you tune it a bit one way and do a 153, you know you are tuning in the right direction, but you are more than likely not doing anything that it says. I do 158 to 159 on mine all the time, and my best on a term lab is a 150.6. The voltage meter is really what gets used the most, just so I can keep an eye on things and make sure I don't drop too low. As far as using it for signal processing, good luck. The only time I ever engage the restoration feature is when I am listening to something with no bass. I really advise that any time you choose to turn on the restoration feature, do it at low volume and work your way up. It pretty much makes every song really dirty.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound so negative. There are some other fun points. Some friends of mine have tested out who can yell louder. Some have also tested out who can...well, I am sure that you can think of other things people do that might have different volume levels.

Good luck.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Guest MegaloManiac

i have the epicenter. i absolutely love it. it really restores the bass in certain songs. it brought my John Mayer to life. it really brings up the sub stage.

pretty much same as the epicenter just the epic is indash...from my understanding. it says same circuitery

btw: epicenter restores bass, doesnt make things louder. you will only notice it work on songs with little to no bass.

i have the epicenter. i absolutely love it. it really restores the bass in certain songs. it brought my John Mayer to life. it really brings up the sub stage.

pretty much same as the epicenter just the epic is indash...from my understanding. it says same circuitery

I'm glad to hear that some people like it. I listen to mostly hip hop/rap, and a lot of screwed songs. They all have a lot of bass, so this may be one reason why I find mine so useless.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Guest MegaloManiac

I'm glad to hear that some people like it. I listen to mostly hip hop/rap, and a lot of screwed songs. They all have a lot of bass, so this may be one reason why I find mine so useless.

yes, its not intended for a hip hop/rap application.

if you listen to rock your double bass will be brought to life.

yes, its not intended for a hip hop/rap application.

if you listen to rock your double bass will be brought to life.

Agreed. In the right applications it does well. With you being from the DFW area, I'm sure that you have been to some of the TBP events. A couple months ago, Curtis held an open class Bass wars event, and I managed to pull a first place with a 149.8 playing Rockwell - I always feel like somebody's watching me (yeah, not a good choice for bass wars, but a friend of mine bet me $20 that I wouldn't plus he payed for my entry fee. This I have to give to the Epic. Now to clarify, for all of those who do not know these shows, almost everything is metered outlaw. I wish I could average a score like that on the dash bumping legal.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Guest MegaloManiac

Agreed. In the right applications it does well. With you being from the DFW area, I'm sure that you have been to some of the TBP events. A couple months ago, Curtis held an open class Bass wars event, and I managed to pull a first place with a 149.8 playing Rockwell - I always feel like somebody's watching me (yeah, not a good choice for bass wars, but a friend of mine bet me $20 that I wouldn't plus he payed for my entry fee. This I have to give to the Epic. Now to clarify, for all of those who do not know these shows, almost everything is metered outlaw. I wish I could average a score like that on the dash bumping legal.

been to a couple...its beem awhile since i've been

Posted Image

btw here is a photo of my epiceneter(its the older version)

Posted Image

i always feel like someone is watching me!!!! :unsure:

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I have to find out a place to mount the 160 though..I will post up a picture and you guys see if you can tell me where I need to put this thing??? I need to find a place, can't go under my radio unless I move my a/c controls...Can't put it where my cup holder goes cause I have my Line driver there, where else have you guys scene them mounted..About the only solution I can come up with is to move my A/C controls. I might have to put them above the glove compartment. Here is a picture of my current setup what do yall think?? Steve you can chime in too..Give me some pointers.

Posted Image

Archived