Sonic Electronix

I was bumping pretty loud as loud as I always do, and I started to smell something so I turned it down of course, It doesnt smell like coil though. When I parked some smoke was coming out of my woofer box so something started to cook (woofer?) Problem is now though the woofer still plays but when I turn the volume up past a certain point the bass just stops so I think something happened with my amp? please help?

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

I was bumping pretty loud as loud as I always do, and I started to smell something so I turned it down of course, It doesnt smell like coil though. When I parked some smoke was coming out of my woofer box so something started to cook (woofer?) Problem is now though the woofer still plays but when I turn the volume up past a certain point the bass just stops so I think something happened with my amp? please help?

did you check to see if your amp went to protect mode??

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Smoke from woofer + cuts out at high volume = I would use a DMM and check to see if the coils still read good on the sub

So do you think I could have smoked my woofer or started to? Therefore causing the impedance to change on the sub, then causing the amp to cutout because the impedance load is too low or high? My woofer is only rated at 170 watts and I probably feed it a good 200 or so.

Ill check the sub impedance with my analog multimeter sence I dont have a DMM

So do you think I could have smoked my woofer or started to? Therefore causing the impedance to change on the sub, then causing the amp to cutout because the impedance load is too low or high? My woofer is only rated at 170 watts and I probably feed it a good 200 or so.

Ill check the sub impedance with my analog multimeter sence I dont have a DMM

could have been a short in the tensils

could have been a short in the tensils

Yeah, high quality amps... Such as Sundown... Do this:

Multi-Way Protection Circuitry (Thermal/Over Current/Speaker Short/Speaker DC Protection)

Oh, by the way... That's from sundowns page...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

My woofer is Dual 4 ohm. I had it wired at 2 ohms since my amp is 2 or 4 ohm stable. Right now I have it wired up to just one coil, so 4 ohm load, and I can now turn it up as loud as I want with no cutout. So my woofer is half blown. It smells prettey bad

Archived