Is this a Federal right or just local?

I just got out of court for not having my fine completely paid off yet, the fine is 5 years old and I have been doing my best to get it paid off but now at court they tell me they just passed a law, and now they have every right to take my entire paycheck until the fine is completely paid off. I still have $3,111.92 to pay off and I only make 7.35 an hour

Edited by Velvetdreams21

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Yeah 5 years and you still own $3k, damn. I would say yes they can do that. I would think that they would not go that far as to take your entire check. Did they say they were going to do it or just that they could do it.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I don't think they can take a whole paycheck but i'm sure they'll take a major portion of it though, probably in the neighborhood of 30% to 50%.

Double check with what the state law is on garnishing of wages.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

what the hell happend?

Dumb 18 year old :-/

Yeah 5 years and you still own $3k, damn. I would say yes they can do that. I would think that they would not go that far as to take your entire check. Did they say they were going to do it or just that they could do it.

$3k is what I have left to pay, thats down from $5k I think it was. He said because of new law they dont handle the fines anymore and its all being turned over to the department of revenue. He said they have the right to take my entire paycheck but he doesnt know if they will

I don't think they can take a whole paycheck but i'm sure they'll take a major portion of it though, probably in the neighborhood of 30% to 50%.

Double check with what the state law is on garnishing of wages.

Who should I call to find out about that? I looked online and what I found seemed like a federal thing for up to 25%

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

From seeing some of my employees checks I think the limit is 50%. A guy had two child supports coming out and they took I think 48% of every check. Should be similar for anything. They can't take you're entire income though. There's no way that could be true I would hope. This isn't china..

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

From seeing some of my employees checks I think the limit is 50%. A guy had two child supports coming out and they took I think 48% of every check. Should be similar for anything. They can't take you're entire income though. There's no way that could be true I would hope. This isn't china..

I really hope you're right, even tho half my check is gonna hurt my chances of ever getting my car fixed its better than stopping me from eating.

And may not be China, but it seems we are getting closer and closer with so many things.

What did you do?

I went spray painting

Jensen UV10 DVD HU