What would this be considered?

What type of design would this be considered? Would it have any disadvantages to a regular ported enclosure?

hrm.png

Drivers would be mounted during the enclosure being built.

Is there any negative effects by having the drivers facing each other?

What would be a good distance to have between the opposing cones? The more the better?

I could make the gap or "loading chamber" range from a few inches up to 17" in width.

The actual design would entail 4 sa12s, but this shows the general concept and whether or not it would work.

So has anyone had any experience with a design similar to this?

Edited by stefanhinote
sighl.jpg

I did state the picture is just showing the general idea, the center chamber can be much wider, so it wouldn't be "bottle necked" and act less of a port.

The baffles could also be angled outward...

I would do that. I think the pressure in that little chamber might give you some more control... subs could take more power... but if you get it too small I could see them being choked. try it lol. maybe you will figure out a new design.

I've seen people do something similar with the port at the back of that chamber but I like the idea of having the ports in front instead. is this going to be a blow through?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.