SONCIO Posted November 4, 2010 Author Report Posted November 4, 2010 I personally think REs quality is better than kicker, but thats just me.. I have ran 2 SE 15s rated at 750 rms and was putting 1500 to each of them in a daily application and it had 0 issues.. now can you run over double the rms of the sub? no idea, it worked for me, it may work for you. Would I personally attempt that with kicker? No... then again I can get 2 year warranty on the RE and maybe 1 on the kicker ?So RE offers longer warranty for the long run.
Guest grim83 Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 then again I can get 2 year warranty on the RE and maybe 1 on the kicker ?So RE offers longer warranty for the long run. typically overpowering is supposed to void the warranty, but most subs can handle it to some extent and quality brands tend to under rate their stuff a bit. now as far as the original question, ive got a buddy with two of those RE subs sitting in his shop but i havent heard them yet. From a build quality standpoint i really like those re's and ive never heard anything bad about them. Kicker on the otherhand is a personal thing some people love them others hate them and i personally wont use their subs.
Bigballa39213 Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 RE Audio all the way 98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door Stock Everything The New Setup 1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD 1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash ) 2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors ) 2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors ) 1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash ) 1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components ) 1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors ) 1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor 1 - SoundStream BX-20Z 2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D 4 - RE Audio SX12D4
SONCIO Posted November 4, 2010 Author Report Posted November 4, 2010 typically overpowering is supposed to void the warranty, but most subs can handle it to some extent and quality brands tend to under rate their stuff a bit. now as far as the original question, ive got a buddy with two of those RE subs sitting in his shop but i havent heard them yet. From a build quality standpoint i really like those re's and ive never heard anything bad about them. Kicker on the otherhand is a personal thing some people love them others hate them and i personally wont use their subs. I personaly never peak out my subs I always go like at 3/4 of there rated power just to be safe.You blow your sub and its like about a month with no bass waiting on warranty if it covers it.
donellk Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 Out of the 2 i would go with the kicker I owned 2 re sxx 15s d4s and powered them with a soundstream tx1.2000D Everytime i played my music for over 15mins me whole car would smell. Everyone i know that owns re has the same smell after about 15mins of music play! After a month my subs blew, we sent them in for warranty come to find out they where factory repair only witch was fine. They told me 3-5 weeks to get them back. After 5 months with out subs and bitching every week on fb about it the owner of the shop i bought them from (A personal friend of mine) bought me new ones and it took 8 months before they received the repaired speakers! After that the smell made me trade the subs to start my brothers system! Theres no lie they where loud but im sticking with Dc Audio for my next personal build! My mom runs kicker and were planing to put 2 solo x 12s in her car soon I have never had a problem with her system everything works great and sounds good and i cant wait to do her rebuild with all kicker equipment! Team Xtreme Amperage Xtreme Audio Innovations XtremeAudioInnovations.com Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321 basics of a 4th order ~ 1993 Toyota Pickup~ 4 linked c notched bagged Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)
Team_DC-Derrick Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 Out of the 2 i would go with the kicker I owned 2 re sxx 15s d4s and powered them with a soundstream tx1.2000D Everytime i played my music for over 15mins me whole car would smell. Everyone i know that owns re has the same smell after about 15mins of music play! After a month my subs blew, we sent them in for warranty come to find out they where factory repair only witch was fine. They told me 3-5 weeks to get them back. After 5 months with out subs and bitching every week on fb about it the owner of the shop i bought them from (A personal friend of mine) bought me new ones and it took 8 months before they received the repaired speakers! After that the smell made me trade the subs to start my brothers system! Theres no lie they where loud but im sticking with Dc Audio for my next personal build! My mom runs kicker and were planing to put 2 solo x 12s in her car soon I have never had a problem with her system everything works great and sounds good and i cant wait to do her rebuild with all kicker equipment! your box could have been fucked up, you could have been clipping the shit out of it, i ran double the rms of RE and never had that smell before.. or any issue like that.. and I havent heard of anyone else having that issue that had a great box, and a amp tuned with a oscope. Just the people who throw it in randombox010 and put the gain all the way up on the box... The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
donellk Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 Also a fiend of mine ran re shallows in his f150 he ended up sending his subs back 4 times before trading his whole system for a auto start alarm! Team Xtreme Amperage Xtreme Audio Innovations XtremeAudioInnovations.com Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321 basics of a 4th order ~ 1993 Toyota Pickup~ 4 linked c notched bagged Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)
donellk Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 your box could have been fucked up, you could have been clipping the shit out of it, i ran double the rms of RE and never had that smell before.. or any issue like that.. and I havent heard of anyone else having that issue that had a great box, and a amp tuned with a oscope. Just the people who throw it in randombox010 and put the gain all the way up on the box... Like i said im not the only one that has had this problem around here! My box was built to the specs re gave us =/! I gave my box to my brother and he now uses it for his p.a. mofos with no problem! My amp gain wasnt cranked up! Im not doubting there older stuff I have a friend running the old equipment with no problem but everyone i know with the new stuff hates it! Team Xtreme Amperage Xtreme Audio Innovations XtremeAudioInnovations.com Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321 basics of a 4th order ~ 1993 Toyota Pickup~ 4 linked c notched bagged Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)
SONCIO Posted November 4, 2010 Author Report Posted November 4, 2010 Out of the 2 i would go with the kicker I owned 2 re sxx 15s d4s and powered them with a soundstream tx1.2000D Everytime i played my music for over 15mins me whole car would smell. Everyone i know that owns re has the same smell after about 15mins of music play! After a month my subs blew, we sent them in for warranty come to find out they where factory repair only witch was fine. They told me 3-5 weeks to get them back. After 5 months with out subs and bitching every week on fb about it the owner of the shop i bought them from (A personal friend of mine) bought me new ones and it took 8 months before they received the repaired speakers! After that the smell made me trade the subs to start my brothers system! Theres no lie they where loud but im sticking with Dc Audio for my next personal build! My mom runs kicker and were planing to put 2 solo x 12s in her car soon I have never had a problem with her system everything works great and sounds good and i cant wait to do her rebuild with all kicker equipment! where did you buy them just incase I go for RE i know where not to get them from.I had that smell issue a while back on 3 12" L7 but I was beating the hell out of the at 1 ohm..They never died on me but sold them anyways..
donellk Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 where did you buy them just incase I go for RE i know where not to get them from.I had that smell issue a while back on 3 12" L7 but I was beating the hell out of the at 1 ohm..They never died on me but sold them anyways.. Both pairs of mine came from Dedicated Custom Auto but I was there when they where delivered and I opened the distributors box and everything! The distributor is lesco but i doubt it has anything to do with them! I have soundstream equipment from them and I love it but everyone I kno from any shop around here hates there re equipment! Team Xtreme Amperage Xtreme Audio Innovations XtremeAudioInnovations.com Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321 basics of a 4th order ~ 1993 Toyota Pickup~ 4 linked c notched bagged Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.