Sonic Electronix

hello,

im trying to build a box in my 2007 mustang and wanting the most airspace i can get. i came up with an idea and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. i was going to take out my back seats and put up a board to seal off my trunk and put my subs in that facing into the cab. i was going to then basically block off the back of my trunk with board going inside the trunk basically from tail light to tail light and then fiberglass that with the inside of the rear fenders. if i was to put in some thick matting on all the metal that basically would be the inside of the box, would that work? or would that just beat the hell out of the rear fenders right above the tires and put dents in the metal?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

Build a box in the trunk that fits into the opening, then fill the gap around the box. But if, and only if, you really need it then you can gut the trunk of all the carpet etc. then glass do what you said but glass over everything between the two boards, not just the metal, meaning you would have to glass upside down. That is a huge amount of work though, and it will cost quite a bit. My bet is you don't need to do that, so do the first thing I said.

No way in hell you could dent the metal though ;)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived