WEll i have a 95 chevy caprice. the temp gauge is going nuts.. 99% of the time it'll seem off and stay at 0 degrees. every once in awhile it'll kick all the way to the red "HOT" and my dash has a light that says "check gauge"... i crank the heat to see if its really really hot.. "it isn't" then it'll randomly turn off.. no harm.. NOW i just want it fixed. I already replace the temp sensor "like a brass lookin spark plug" but it didn't fix it... any ideas ??

Sounds like the stepper motor in the gauge is going bad. I had 2 of my 4 go out on my 01 Impala , was a pain to fix em..

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Sounds like the stepper motor in the gauge is going bad. I had 2 of my 4 go out on my 01 Impala , was a pain to fix em..

well when i crank the car "and you know where the gauges so all the way across the board before starting ??" it'll work doing that.. just doesn't read temperature