how to wire second alternator HELP ASAP PLEASE

you need to get a build log or sumthing going so we can see your setup

then i guess people who arent noobs to car audio, can still be noobs....even i dont know how to do a build log. ha ha ha

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

but yeah, he should def do a buildlog! it would be cool to watch the process not to mention in a year or two and see his improvement! just epic

any updates on the situation?

im curious why you felt the need to seperate the charging systems...theres no need to isolate anything. i would run a positive 0 gauge from each of the alternator posts to the positive battery terminal. then run a 0gauge from the front battery positive terminal to the positive of the rear battery, and ground the rear battery to the frame. of course fuse, but its easy. let us know with your results.

i think you didnt have sufficient ground when the amp started sparking. if so im going to assume the amp fuses havent popped. i hate seeing discontinued T series amps getting hurt but you have to learn somehow, lol. im even thinking of selling my T4000s and replacing them with AQ3500s.

im going to try it your way...its not working. that alternator is not charging at all. i have the second one so ill swap them out. is there any way i can like, check the alternator to see if i got a dud? it is a mechman so im sure hell help out.

TeamHT, would you be willing to sell me one of your T4s?

Just one...I think I could part with a couple..lol. you only want one? PM me and we can discuss the sale if you want.

Per topic, there isn't one way of wiring anything. If CJs or AMIs wiring didn't work you may have well received a dud. I do know Mechman has many units on the shelf ready to go and there's bound to be one defective in a batch. Contact Mechman.

But yeah, I decided while texting that I will sell you a T4000 or two.

ok, swapped out the alternator and the second one is working like a champ. will have to talk to mechman to see what is needed to get this alternator swapped out.

BUT! onto good news! sold the T3000 amd for almost the same amount bought a T4000 from TeamHT!!! so excited for this amp to come on in!

Hey, no worries mate. Let me know when you get it in. Whoever told you they needed two 250 amp fuses you will see is wrong. One 500. But post pics and just text me if you need any help. Good luck on your upcoming build terry.

Archived