Sonic Electronix

73770_1572255158738_1606316115_31373138_5378256_n.jpg

With a box just like this, would I be able to fit a Fi BTL 18 in place of the Solo X 12 that's in there now? The box is 34" wide, 24" tall, and 17" back (minus the 7.5" x 8" x 17" space where the battery is located). I plan on using the same Rockford Fosgate 20001bd I have now. What changes would I have to make for this to work? And would a Fi BTL 18 be the best replacement subwoofer if it would work?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

It all depends on what you're trying to achieve in your install. Audio really is a case of preference. Your question is pretty open and people on this side of the line will say this, and people on that side of the line will swear by their product. Point of the story being there are many great drivers out there. Some are better than others for specific applications.

I love all of my BTLs. And will continue to love them. Obviously I'm on this side of the line.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

x2. You could probably do the 18 especially if you didn't mind going a bit higher but the 15 would probably be a better option. Also depends on how you want it to sound etc. Ports can take up a lot of space.

As far as a best subwoofer... Thats hard to say. It is definitely a good sub, no doubt there. Plus neo versions just came out... we will see how well they perform. Im sure we won't be disappointed.

I was thinking about increasing the box height to allow for a bigger woofer. Originally I had planned to put another Solo X 12 in my trunk, however I don't have the space for a box big enough. So I figured an 18 would probably be my best option if I wanted the same effect with less space required. Anybody with a box design software willing to draw something up that might make the 18 possible to the best performance it could be? I think the highest my box could increase to is 34" tall

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log