Sonic Electronix

5000W MAX! of course, so the amp is prob a 1200w amp...

not knocking you, but generally when people ask these questions and say that, they generally have a 1200w amp even if it says 5000w lol

never, ever go by max ratings

It's all good, I could see why you think that. It is my understanding that it is in fact 5000w rms. I don't have a 5000w car amp to compare it to, but I never crank it up to full blast anyway. Either way, it's not a big deal. What mattered to me when I got it is that it will NEVER clip even on my loudest listening days, and it does that faithfully.

Is it really 5KW?

What brand is it?

Yes, and Crown, respectively. It's not a car amp, it plugs into a 120v socket. It is a step up from Steve's crown xti 4000, better low end response imho.

XLS 5000 in case you are wondering

It's all good, I could see why you think that. It is my understanding that it is in fact 5000w rms. I don't have a 5000w car amp to compare it to, but I never crank it up to full blast anyway. Either way, it's not a big deal. What mattered to me when I got it is that it will NEVER clip even on my loudest listening days, and it does that faithfully.

Yes, and Crown, respectively. It's not a car amp, it plugs into a 120v socket. It is a step up from Steve's crown xti 4000, better low end response imho.

XLS 5000 in case you are wondering

Well, it's a damn good amp and it will be doing 5KW for sure, I just hope you aren't going to try and put it in a car.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Well, it's a damn good amp and it will be doing 5KW for sure, I just hope you aren't going to try and put it in a car.

Nope, Never has, and never will be =)

Archived