Sonic Electronix

keep blowing inline fuse from battery

Hold the fuckin' phone guys.

What size wire are you running, before you go and put a 200A fuse on it.

If you get a high-ish resistance short in a length of shitty 4 gauge with a 200A fuse on it you're probably gonna have a car fire on your hands.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Hold the fuckin' phone guys.

What size wire are you running, before you go and put a 200A fuse on it.

If you get a high-ish resistance short in a length of shitty 4 gauge with a 200A fuse on it you're probably gonna have a car fire on your hands.

i am running 4 guage wire ... should i get bigger power wire and stay with the 100 amp inline fuse? or get bigger power wire and bigger inline fuse?

I would run 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse, then get a distribution block in the rear for the 4 gauge, fuse before the block. 1 fuse in the front, 1 in the rear to be on the safe side.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Go with 0/1wire, get a 200amp ANL fuse and call it a day. Also when you upgrade ur wire u'll have it done for if you ever upgrade ur system.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Yeah man. Definitely 1/0 with a 200 anl fuse. And clean up your ground if you can. A better ground is imperitive

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

I would run 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse, then get a distribution block in the rear for the 4 gauge, fuse before the block. 1 fuse in the front, 1 in the rear to be on the safe side.

Go with 0/1wire, get a 200amp ANL fuse and call it a day. Also when you upgrade ur wire u'll have it done for if you ever upgrade ur system.

Yeah man. Definitely 1/0 with a 200 anl fuse. And clean up your ground if you can. A better ground is imperitive

Why though? There is no point, He doesn't need 0g, and he sure as heck doesn't need 1/0g, that's just crazy. I like how every time someone asks a question about electrical everyone froths at the mouth and suggest 350 amp alternators and 3 batteries for a 1000 watt amp or something. The heck?

It takes like 500 amps to blow a 200 amp fuse, and even that could take several seconds.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i got a 250 amp fuse on 1/0 wire but when i had 4g i was using a 150 amp fuse and was fine. and just to be safe i added a dist. block with 2 100amp fuses

1999 Taurus SE

Power Acousticks Mofo-15

Crunch pzi 3000.1d

Rockford Fosgate Prime 150.2d

Alpine type S 6x8's

Stinger 1/0awg wire

• 2 weeks later...

Archived