Quick Question...

i have a sony HU & want to wire a sub to it but the deck only has 2 preamp outputs for the front and rear speakers... i want to use the rear RCA slots for the sub since im not goint to put an amp for rear speakers because whenever i decide to put in an amp i want them to be only in the front so im just going to need the front RCA's... my question was is it ok to put a sub on the rear speakers RCA? will it sound ok? or will my subs sound like two 10 inch speakers instead of subs? hahahaha may be a dumb question but just would like to know...

-Thanks

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

i have a sony HU & want to wire a sub to it but the deck only has 2 preamp outputs for the front and rear speakers... i want to use the rear RCA slots for the sub since im not goint to put an amp for rear speakers because whenever i decide to put in an amp i want them to be only in the front so im just going to need the front RCA's... my question was is it ok to put a sub on the rear speakers RCA? will it sound ok? or will my subs sound like two 10 inch speakers instead of subs? hahahaha may be a dumb question but just would like to know...

-Thanks

Quick answer. yea its fine, just make sure you set your low pass filter on the amp to around eighty hertz or below or else you will get highs coming through your subs...ouch.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

use the rca's for the rear out if your using a mono amp it will only put out sub freq its all good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

i have a 2 channel amp... but ill set it below 80 hz... but thanks just wanted to see if it was ok to do so lol

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

Quick answer. yea its fine, just make sure you set your high pass filter on the amp to around eighty hertz or below or else you will get highs coming through your subs...ouch.

low pass filter. not high pass.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

low pass filter. not high pass.

oh yeah i knew that he ment low... hahaha

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

my fault skittles. I was just just out fucking with my head unit and was working with the hpf on my mids.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

no worries, just making sure the OP didnt get confused.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived