WTB: 4 12'' subs that handle about 500 rms each

eder69

You might have to go with a sealed setup to fit 4 12's in that trunk. Or as was stated before 2 12's or 1 15. For $600 you could get some badass subs or sub in there. DC, Fi, etc...

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

Hey bro i've got a 99 contour to, so heres my advice. Definately drop the idea of running 4 12's, but two in a ported box sealed off from the trunk would get loud as hell. if the budget is $600 for subs and amp id go with two Audioque SDC2.5 12's and a audiopipe 1500.1D. If its 600 for just the subs then id say pick the amp then choose the subs

Hey bro i've got a 99 contour to, so heres my advice. Definately drop the idea of running 4 12's, but two in a ported box sealed off from the trunk would get loud as hell. if the budget is $600 for subs and amp id go with two Audioque SDC2.5 12's and a audiopipe 1500.1D. If its 600 for just the subs then id say pick the amp then choose the subs

Don't drop it. 4 12" with proper box ported through rear deck would be sexyyyyyy !

Don't drop it. 4 12" with proper box ported through rear deck would be sexyyyyyy !

I own the same car, and the only way your gonna fit 4 in that trunk is with either

a.) a shitty box design

or

b.)shitty subs

any good 12 would require too much space too fit 4 in a box back there

I had a 99 SVT Contour (in 99 and 00)... I ran a MMATS on 3 W6's sealed and it slammed. If you want to run low constantly though you have no choice but to go ported in which case doing even 3 would be tight unless you dedicate the entire trunk (well close to it).

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I had a 99 SVT Contour (in 99 and 00)... I ran a MMATS on 3 W6's sealed and it slammed. If you want to run low constantly though you have no choice but to go ported in which case doing even 3 would be tight unless you dedicate the entire trunk (well close to it).

exactly my box is like 4.25 cubes before displacement and theres not a whole lotta room for much else. the specs say the trunk is like 12.9cubes but its only about 8 usable at best for a traditional mdf box