DC Sound Lab

new dc setup to come,what lvls?

Hey guys, im new on this forum. But heard its great for dc nutthuggers,lol. So i need help from the dc users out there. I have a 2004 monte carlo. And i have around 7.5cu/ft of internal volume to work with after port disp. Im looking for a solid daily driver groundpounder setup and i will take it to some local shows playing music. Im not sure how many subs of what size and of what lvl to get. And what size enclosure to what tuning would be good. As for the power not sure what amp ill be getting depends on subs i guess, amd i will be using aroind a 180/200a alt with a yellow top up front and a pair of vmax(1500 as i already have 1). So any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

'04 Walled Monte Carlo

daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7

DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3)

RF T400.4

Mechman 320

XS D3100, D3400

https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1

so from that you want to run 2 1500w amps? 4 lvl 3 12s would be my guess

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Im not too sure on the power. i guess itll depend on what the alt and batteries can support, i already have one vmax charge tank and was going to add another one. but i was looking at 3-4krms and try to build up my electrical system to support it.

'04 Walled Monte Carlo

daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7

DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3)

RF T400.4

Mechman 320

XS D3100, D3400

https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1

2 15 XL

s the XL is one of the best subs out right now and you can get them CHEAP! like 300 used and not much more new. Thats with shipping, and then grab a 3k amp and your good to go. The XL is great for SPL and sounds excellent as well. Will kill the lows in the right box! similar to the BTL/Nightshade/DD9500 but with a lower pricetag!

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

1 3.5 cube interchangeable port box

Finishing this all up over the winter and will be starting to compete in 2011!

651 - 612

2 15 XL

s the XL is one of the best subs out right now and you can get them CHEAP! like 300 used and not much more new. Thats with shipping, and then grab a 3k amp and your good to go. The XL is great for SPL and sounds excellent as well. Will kill the lows in the right box! similar to the BTL/Nightshade/DD9500 but with a lower pricetag!

What are you smoking?

It's not in the same range. :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.