Sonic Electronix

its all about install. trust me. people could not believe i had only pioneer championships in my truck. and when i added two more it was crazy. but that idea was scratched when i saw your budget.

the AQ subs are awesome. i love FI/AA, hands down. but youre not really comparing linear products from both companies. which is why im leaning towards the AQ. but FI is not a bad choice at all. like i said, you can not go wrong with those options, and you have your heart set on FI so go FI. FI/AA is in 3 of my 4 vehicles. thats saying something.

True, very true. Well, to be 100% honest, I'm not familiar with set-ups and such. So what do I do? Go to my local stereo shop and ask them to make me a box? Tuned to what? How big? Etc. Etc. Like, I need help with that, and I don't know what to do. I've seen the big 3 tutorial, and I've seen all of that, but I feel like I'm going to mess up, or do it wrong. So, should I just get someone to do it? I know people on here can make me a box for a great price, but I can't do that, due to me using my brothers credit card and he doesn't want me to use it on stuff like that.

You just gotta jump in there and do it bro. The only way you learn is by doing it. And if you fuck up, try it again lol. Just keep doing your research online. Pretty much everything I have learned I learned from this site and youtube and by trial and error.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

man i love my 2 sundown sa12s.. they beat down hard! my friend said they hit harder then his dads 2 15s.. i have a saz1500 as well. check out my vids.. i bet you will love them. they sound AMAZING!

just check those out.. im sure youll be more then happy with them for a system.. i have a stock alt as well.. heres a link to my channel if you want to check out the rest of my vids of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoSeDbZcOoL?feature=mhum

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i highly doubt youre going to be able to build your box on your own. im going to assume you dont have any tools let alone the experience. there are some things you should jump into. box building...i found is easier if you can help someone who knows what theyre doing before jumping in on your own. the wiring, is simple. that i think you should do on your own to gain a deeper respect. when you look at it, you will know YOU did it.

you can shop around shops to find prices for building your box, but you may find out it will ruin your $800 budget. search craigslist to find someone who knows, or search for members in your area. big 3 is easy, SUPER easy. like stated above me, just jump into that and get your feet wet.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

honostly yeah do the install yourself.. trust me, there is no better feeling then when you turn the key after running wires etc and you hear a growl coming from your trunk :)

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

its all about install. trust me. people could not believe i had only pioneer championships in my truck. and when i added two more it was crazy. but that idea was scratched when i saw your budget.

the AQ subs are awesome. i love FI/AA, hands down. but youre not really comparing linear products from both companies. which is why im leaning towards the AQ. but FI is not a bad choice at all. like i said, you can not go wrong with those options, and you have your heart set on FI so go FI. FI/AA is in 3 of my 4 vehicles. thats saying something.

True, very true. Well, to be 100% honest, I'm not familiar with set-ups and such. So what do I do? Go to my local stereo shop and ask them to make me a box? Tuned to what? How big? Etc. Etc. Like, I need help with that, and I don't know what to do. I've seen the big 3 tutorial, and I've seen all of that, but I feel like I'm going to mess up, or do it wrong. So, should I just get someone to do it? I know people on here can make me a box for a great price, but I can't do that, due to me using my brothers credit card and he doesn't want me to use it on stuff like that.

You just gotta jump in there and do it bro. The only way you learn is by doing it. And if you fuck up, try it again lol. Just keep doing your research online. Pretty much everything I have learned I learned from this site and youtube and by trial and error.

But I saw videos of it, like the new install of an alt. I have to cut stuff? I'm not 100% sure, may be only in that video, but if I miscut something, Opps there goes my car. Haha you know? Like, I can't take that risk. Maybe I can watch a professional do it then get it like that? Who knows. Thanks for the advice though :D

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

honostly yeah do the install yourself.. trust me, there is no better feeling then when you turn the key after running wires etc and you hear a growl coming from your trunk :)

Haha but if you mess up. Theres no worse feeling when you turn the key to see if it works and your car smokes and the engine sparks up and causes a major fire. :( Haha. But Ill see and try and learn and watch tutorials and all of that good stuff.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

But I saw videos of it, like the new install of an alt. I have to cut stuff? I'm not 100% sure, may be only in that video, but if I miscut something, Opps there goes my car. Haha you know? Like, I can't take that risk. Maybe I can watch a professional do it then get it like that? Who knows. Thanks for the advice though :D

yes, you have to cut the wire because youre not going to get the wire sent to you in the exact length you need. there will be some things you will need but you should be fine with basic tools in the garage. like i said, check craigslist in the automotive section under services. see if someone is willing to do it cheap and help them as they do it. also, shop around your local area. there just might be a local shop willing to do it within your budget but i wouldnt hold my breath

yes, you have to cut the wire because youre not going to get the wire sent to you in the exact length you need. there will be some things you will need but you should be fine with basic tools in the garage. like i said, check craigslist in the automotive section under services. see if someone is willing to do it cheap and help them as they do it. also, shop around your local area. there just might be a local shop willing to do it within your budget but i wouldnt hold my breath

Yeah True. What do you have in your cars? Or Car. Im guessing cars since you said You have Fi/AA in 3/4 of your cars.. So haha.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

My main daily driver is in my sig, although it looks nothing like the picture anymore, lol.

I did have three BTLs powered by three RF T4000s, then took out that box, and am starting a new project with three mayhems and thinking of switching to three AQ3500s and adding three more in the summer time.

Four FI Q 12s in my Yukon XL, and an 18 BTL in my SRT.

I just have to let you knnow that you will be very hard pressed to get 2 15's in the trunk of that Accord... It can be done but in the right enclosure with the right power you could easily have 2 10's or 2 12's that will give you all you need and then some...Ultimately its your choice but you can get killer output from smaller woofers

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌