SnowDrifter Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 Throwing out an idea to secure my to-be-built box, amp, etc... I am planning on stacking two 1.5" washers together on either side, then drilling holes through the bottom of my subwoofer box and bolting it to the floor. I was planning on 3 of these in each corner, and one every 6 inches on the edges, along with a couple in the middle. I really don't want it flying around in a crash. For the subs, I was thinking of tri-wing screws bolted into t-nuts on the inside of the box. For the amp, could I bolt it inside the box? Or would it be too much heat? The box will be ported btw. For the batteries, I was just planning on making a bracket and designing by box around two sides of them, like the batteries are in a tunnel. As well as bolting them to the floor of the car. And just as a side question: Is about a buck a foot for 1/0 copper power wire a good deal? I plan on running 2 15s in an 8 cubic foot box off of a kicker warhorse. The box will be built out of 1.5" thick mdf all around, and a 3" thick, flush mount baffle. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
hdorre Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 If you want security tips, look up jonmanch3st3r on YouTube A dollar a foot is excellent if the wire is true 1/0 On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
SnowDrifter Posted November 26, 2010 Author Report Posted November 26, 2010 If you want security tips, look up jonmanch3st3r on YouTube A dollar a foot is excellent if the wire is true 1/0 Thanks. What screws do you think I should use to secure the sub woofers themselves? Tri wing or security torx? Or both? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Alex K Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 Just to give you a heads up, i wouldn't drill into your cars floor. You have no idea what's under that sheet metal. you're better off making an inch to inch and a half thick false floor and then bolting your shit to that. If everythings "bolted" to it, not piss poor screwed and you crash, it won't go anywhere since it's all 1 huge piece. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.