Sonic Electronix

and guys, be serious. a sa-8 in a door? that would look stupid, it would bulge tremendously and ruin the footroom.

Oh really? SA-8 in a door.

IM002426.jpg

IM002425.jpg

IM002428.jpg

IM002427.jpg

IM002442.jpg

IM002443.jpg

IM002444.jpg

IM002445.jpg

And thats with probably half of the door thickness of my excursion. im positive a sa-8 will fit and not stick out any further than my door panel does now. :yahoo:

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Yea the kicks are a little too much for my taste, but the doors are badass. Those are Kandiman's btw...

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

best current 8s would be

sa-8. dc8. candence cvl8. DD1508

these 4 subs are all good. now it really has to do with preference and prices.

Don't forget the American bass 8s !!

I can hook you up :)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

those tang bands seem like a good choice, but thats from the reviews and whatnot

Not to Thread Jack BUT

To run 8 inch woofers along with my other 12 inch woofers, wouldnt i need like a Processor or External EQ to make sure they hit the right notes?

YES, a lot of people seem to forget about crossovers. you need something to tell your midbass speakers to play in the correct range. the amp wont do it.

OP, if your going to put a sub like the SA-8 you really need a damn strong pod. its a pretty damn heavy 8". but i second the tang band mentioned earlier.

edit - will the window still roll down all the way after you put this sub in it? in my car the window goes just a couple inches from the bottom of the door.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

those tang bands seem like a good choice, but thats from the reviews and whatnot

Not to Thread Jack BUT

To run 8 inch woofers along with my other 12 inch woofers, wouldnt i need like a Processor or External EQ to make sure they hit the right notes?

YES, a lot of people seem to forget about crossovers. you need something to tell your midbass speakers to play in the correct range. the amp wont do it.

OP, if your going to put a sub like the SA-8 you really need a damn strong pod. its a pretty damn heavy 8". but i second the tang band mentioned earlier.

edit - will the window still roll down all the way after you put this sub in it? in my car the window goes just a couple inches from the bottom of the door.

It will be able to roll all the way down besides about 2 inches. These doors on my truck are just big in every way. That's what made me think about doing big 8s in them.

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

cool, just making sure you didnt forget about the window before you commit to this. wouldnt be the 1st time some one did that lol. im interested in seeing what you end up doing.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i got the dd1508's and they sound like a 12' woofer :drinks:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Not to Thread Jack BUT

Thanks for answering that for me, i wanna put a pair of 8's upfront eventually and this thread has been alot of help

Archived