Sonic Electronix

To all you guys running more than 4 speakers.

How are you wiring them? I've never wired up more than the 5 1/4's up front, and 6x9's in back, because they've been plenty loud for what i've had.

I'm going to glass 2 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13963_Infinity+Kappa+62.9I.html into each door, (4 doors), leave the 6x9 in back, and add the 5 1/4's up front. So it'll be 2 6.5 per door in back, 2 in each door up front, plus a 5 1/4, and then 6x9 in back. infinity claims all their speakers are 2 ohms. I'd have 12 speakers, all are 2 ohms svc. I want to run about 100 watts to each speaker.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

hahaha copy cat! :P

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

How are you wiring them? I've never wired up more than the 5 1/4's up front, and 6x9's in back, because they've been plenty loud for what i've had.

I'm going to glass 2 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13963_Infinity+Kappa+62.9I.html into each door, (4 doors), leave the 6x9 in back, and add the 5 1/4's up front. So it'll be 2 6.5 per door in back, 2 in each door up front, plus a 5 1/4, and then 6x9 in back. infinity claims all their speakers are 2 ohms. I'd have 12 speakers, all are 2 ohms svc. I want to run about 100 watts to each speaker.

depends on amp....how many, minimum impedence

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

hahaha copy cat! :P

annndd shaa the fukkkk upppppp! ;)

:pardon:<_<

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I'm guessing I would need 6 speakers / ch.

two 4 channel amps would work as well. Most 4 channels put out more power at 2 ohms. The THD is a litte higher but, seeing how the idea is to be loud THD is not that big a factor in this application. One four channel for the Front speakers and Front Door. The other Four channel for the Rear speakers and Rear Door. So one pair of channels will see a 4ohm load and the other pair will see a 2 ohm load per amp.

Makes a little more sence. So plug The 6.5s in front to their own ch, and then tap the 5 1/4 that are up there too into a ch that the 6.5s are in?

like this?

300aao1.png

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

let me see if I get this right...

Front: 1 pair 5.25 - 4 ohm each

Front doors: 2 pair 6.5 - 2 ohm each

Back doors: 2 pair 6.5 - 2 ohm each

Rear deck: 1 pair 6x9 4 ohms each

Is that right?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

All infinities speakers are 2 0hm. I believe that would have my amp doing 2 ohms on 2 ch, and 4 ohms on the other 2.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg