Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

hy , I`m new in this stuff, so if anyone can help me i really appreciate it. so ... I have an amplifier, JBL GTO 1201.1 mono channel , with 787w rms @ 4 Ohm. I think I`m gonna buy a subwoofer Pioneer ts-w3004 spl with 1000w rms @ 4 Ohm to connect it with my amp. also i wanna put 4 speakers , 2 in front doors and 2 in back panel, some Pioneer TS-A1681R 6-1/2" or Pioneer TS-A1682R with 50w rms. I wanna connect these to an dvd-player in-dash , also from Pioneer, maybe a AVH-P4900DVD or a AVH-P5900DVD. I have a VW Golf 4 with 2 doors from 2001. I have only one battery and I wanna put an 1F capacitor. now I`m asking for your oppinion , is this system gonna sound laud and clear? and if not , what do u recommand me to change?

Posted

Dont use the cap add a battery instead maybe a Kinetic hc 800 or one of them powermaster batteries everyone is going nuts over these days. I reccommend the Kinetic cause I use em, our shop uses em, and we use em in our spl van!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

ok first off everyones gonna tell u to get a new battery(powermaster, yellowtop, kinetik, etc...) or add a second instead of gettin a capacitor. as far as equipment wise im not too sure because i havent ever heard them so i cant tell ya but im sure somone on here will be able to give u some input on it.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

Posted
Dont use the cap add a battery instead maybe a Kinetic hc 800 or one of them powermaster batteries everyone is going nuts over these days. I reccommend the Kinetic cause I use em, our shop uses em, and we use em in our spl van!

i dont care what you and your shop do, we run PowerMaster here at SMD!! :mad:

just playin that thing that starts with a K is pretty good too, and blue! :D


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Posted (edited)
i dont care what you and your shop do, we run PowerMaster here at SMD!! :mad:

just playin that thing that starts with a K is pretty good too, and blue! :D

Some guys just get the chance to try stuff b4 me so they can reccommend anything ON THEIR SITE :D :D :D

no for real either on is a good choice!

Oh yeah Steve hook me up with 8 of them powermasters and I will gladly switch out! :D

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

alright, so I`m gonna put an extra baterry (kinetik hc 800) but anyway I`m gonna need a cap , no ? but the rest of the system will be ok ? I don`t have to change the dvd in-dash with a simple Pioneer mp3-player? is that alright as it is? or I need an extra EQ? if yes, can u pls recommand me one ? and with the 3004 I think i can connect it with the amp @ 4 Ohms. and about the box of the subwoofer, what do u think it`s the best model ? thanks

Posted

No the extra battery will blow away a cap performance wise, the dvd player will play an mp3 encoded disc, you should not have to hook up a eq only if you want. That pioneer sub is dual 4 then run it at 2 ohms to the jbl amp if it is 2 ohm stable (should be), and yes I think it will be a good system.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

ok, but if I connect the sub to the amp @ 2 Ohm I`m gonna have 1114w rms from the amp at 2 Ohm but the sub it`s just 1000w rms @ 4 Ohm. it`s not too much for the sub? and I still don`t get it how to connect them on 2 Ohm if they run on 4.

the sub I understand that`s dual , and that means that I can connect it with each channel on 2 Ohm?

Posted

No its a mono amp = 1channel wire the sub down parallel + to + and - to - and it will read two ohms, then connect one + to the + of the amp and one - to the - of the amp. the sub will take the power the 1000w is a minimum rating

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3803 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...