Liquidforce07 Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 currently have 2 DD 1508's but I looked today and one of them is ripped. I have to get it reconed so Im wondering if I could switch to some SA-8's? I dont want to switch and it be quieter. My DD's currently meter a 126.7. I have a DD CM1 amp and they are in a box that has 1cube of airspace per sub and it is tuned to 35 Hz. Will the sundowns fit? and would it be worth switching?
LT.Smoke Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 currently have 2 DD 1508's but I looked today and one of them is ripped. I have to get it reconed so Im wondering if I could switch to some SA-8's? I dont want to switch and it be quieter. My DD's currently meter a 126.7. I have a DD CM1 amp and they are in a box that has 1cube of airspace per sub and it is tuned to 35 Hz. Will the sundowns fit? and would it be worth switching? Yes it woudl be worth switching.. I cant remember the exact air space needed for them but i will stick my neck out and say i SERIOUSLY doubt you will lose anythign by switchin to SA's im willing to say you will probably gain a decent bit Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Liquidforce07 Posted November 29, 2010 Author Report Posted November 29, 2010 currently have 2 DD 1508's but I looked today and one of them is ripped. I have to get it reconed so Im wondering if I could switch to some SA-8's? I dont want to switch and it be quieter. My DD's currently meter a 126.7. I have a DD CM1 amp and they are in a box that has 1cube of airspace per sub and it is tuned to 35 Hz. Will the sundowns fit? and would it be worth switching? Yes it woudl be worth switching.. I cant remember the exact air space needed for them but i will stick my neck out and say i SERIOUSLY doubt you will lose anythign by switchin to SA's im willing to say you will probably gain a decent bit Well I want to make sure itll fit because im not paying for another box haha. I want to be sure itll fit because Ive made this mistake before with the sub being too big. I also want it to hit very low.
LT.Smoke Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 Go check the Sundown Section you can get specs there...I will tell you that you will not be disappointed with the Sundown stuff though Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
BanginOnABudget Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 dc lvl 2 8". /thread. im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
fritosaregood Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 the sa 8s are recommended atleast .6 cubes with rated power, and up to 1 cube i think. So they could both and you could put some extra power to them, or just run one in that box. or learn how to build instead of paying seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
Liquidforce07 Posted November 30, 2010 Author Report Posted November 30, 2010 the sa 8s are recommended atleast .6 cubes with rated power, and up to 1 cube i think. So they could both and you could put some extra power to them, or just run one in that box. So I can run both the woofers and still give both of them the sufficient airspace? And would the DC's be better than sundowns? I want the loudest 8" I can fit.
fritosaregood Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 the sa 8s are recommended atleast .6 cubes with rated power, and up to 1 cube i think. So they could both and you could put some extra power to them, or just run one in that box. So I can run both the woofers and still give both of them the sufficient airspace? And would the DC's be better than sundowns? I want the loudest 8" I can fit. Its smaller than they should be in, but it could work if you bumped the power up a little more from rated. seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.