Sonic Electronix

I am going to be installing FOUR 10" Memphis M3 subs in my car. They are rated at 400rms/800watts a piece. Most know these are pretty decent subs so I decided to go with them.

I have a 1995 Honda Civic EX 2 Dr so it will be a very tight fit.

I bought a Soundstream EGA1700D amp which is 1700watts and about 1500rms CLASS D Mono block. Its a great amp and extremely efficient.

So my question comes down to the alternators. I dont see myself being able to run this setup off of a stock alternator with a battery ( please correct me if i am wrong since it would be 3x cheaper )

But I am not sure as to what size alt to get. Should I go with the 200amp from Excessive Amperage and just pick up a Optima Yellow Top?

It confused me because when I saw meade's civic he had about 4x the power I will have in mine but yet he only had a 200 amp alt. I assume he had quite a few batteries. But I wonder if there is a easier way than what I am thinking.

I am new to all this stuff so if I have the wrong opinion please correct me so I don't make a $500 mistake!

I appreciate all answers and replies.

Thanks Guys! :clapping:

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Ideal would be to upgrade your alt and add 1 battery. That would be the best situation. Would reduce most if not all of stress on your electrical system.If moneys tight you could just do the alt. and might be able to get away with just a good XS/Kinetik battery stock alt.

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

if you dont have any plans to upgrade substantially soon, you should be fine with a bigger bat. but I wouldnt go with a yellow top.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ideal would be to upgrade your alt and add 1 battery. That would be the best situation. Would reduce most if not all of stress on your electrical system.If moneys tight you could just do the alt. and might be able to get away with just a good XS/Kinetik battery stock alt.

for 1500rms he will be absolutely fine with a battery. no need for an alternator.

for 1500rms he will be absolutely fine with a battery. no need for an alternator.

As well as the big 3 :)

If you already said you did it, my bad.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

that amp will only do about 1200 watts

it will be fine on your stock alt just get a nice xs,kinetik,shuriken for the back

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

I did plan on doing the big 3 for sure. But that is great news. I appreciate immensely the amount of replies I received so quickly. Thanks guys! I will look into a battery. What would be some batteries you guys recommend and where should I get them? Online or at a local audio shop. I appreciate it a lot guys!

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

x2

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

I did plan on doing the big 3 for sure. But that is great news. I appreciate immensely the amount of replies I received so quickly. Thanks guys! I will look into a battery. What would be some batteries you guys recommend and where should I get them? Online or at a local audio shop. I appreciate it a lot guys!

get them from online, if you can try, get one from the for sale section on here.