2nd opinion needed from someone with knowledge

So after all of that. Are you going to do it yourself? I have rarely seen anything nice out of a shop like you described. There is a lot of work you can do before you ever start the actual bag install. I would like to see some pics when its done. That should be on the easier end of a bag job.

just curious what the work before the actual install is?

I'm trying to think of anything unless you think he's laying frame THEN I can see work before the bags but he just wants bags for bags not to drag frame

and x2 on the pictures :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

oh - :sorry: I knew what I meant :)

I was refering to running all the wires for the valves, that air line, getting the tank mounted and the compressors pumping air. I was thinking it was a daily driver so there is a ton of work that can be done before its actually off the road for the bags being installed. This is what takes me the longest. The actual bags should go quick.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

oh - :sorry: I knew what I meant :)

I was refering to running all the wires for the valves, that air line, getting the tank mounted and the compressors pumping air. I was thinking it was a daily driver so there is a ton of work that can be done before its actually off the road for the bags being installed. This is what takes me the longest. The actual bags should go quick.

please explain im a noob at this and have no clue what im getting into.. yes this is my daily mon-fri i take my kids to and from school. so i need it to be safe. im not getting what your saying though

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I just saying that before you ever mount the bags to the car and before the suspension is taken a part, you can run the air line. Leave it long in the trunk. You can mount the valves ,where ever you choose. You can get you switches mounted and wired to the valves and get the operational with not air to them. Then when you get the bags mounts all you have to do is plug the air lines in and you are ready to roll.

This is like running all the wires to mount an amp before you have the amp. its just prep work

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I just saying that before you ever mount the bags to the car and before the suspension is taken a part, you can run the air line. Leave it long in the trunk. You can mount the valves ,where ever you choose. You can get you switches mounted and wired to the valves and get the operational with not air to them. Then when you get the bags mounts all you have to do is plug the air lines in and you are ready to roll.

This is like running all the wires to mount an amp before you have the amp. its just prep work

ah makes sense, i would of never thought about this lol. thanks!!!

/Rant

is the kit all bolt on suspension parts? if so it should be no diffrent then replacing shocks and springs. then run some clean wiring and hoses. take ur time and do it up. yeild off some aggravation

current setup. 2 m6 alpine amps 600rms each / 2 eclipse sw8010 10's 700 rms each/ 2 sets of mtx 4001 axe series componenets /aline pdx 5 running highes and 5th channel running sws-8 inch earthquakes under the seats/ ported box which is to small for some.

i have no clue what kit it is, i dont even know what im buying yet. i need to get a list together. i was talking to the guy who gave me an installed price, he told me his kit was 1500 when i asked a few more questions he turned into a douche. so im trying to research online. suicidedoors has a kit for 750 but its not complete.

/Rant

The parts arent bad, i too would go with slam bags thou. and 380 compressors are ok, but for the extra $100 id get the 450s or 480s really. Much stronger compressors, and when buying them in a pair they are worth the little extra cash. $1200 for labor doesnt sound too bad honestly. Yes get a written agreement about it thou. What brand of valves do you know?

Also something most people with air over look, more air volume makes a more efficient set up. you dont need 200psi to get even a heavy truck to lift lol

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

joe is gonna guide me through the install, what im trying to figure out is what parts i need to buy now. im a total noob when it comes to this.

/Rant

• 1 month later...

i never really paid attention to bags, do they take up a lot of room? im planning on having my system, tank and compressors in the trunk... i decided im going to do 4 12s but not sure if everything is gonna fit. if i absolutely have to i can mount the tank under my back bumper. but id rather have it in the trunk.

/Rant

Archived