2nd opinion needed from someone with knowledge

i have been planning to bag my car and for the life of me cant find anybody to do it. soo after a little searching i found a guy/shop that will bag it. does this sound right?

they will need my car for 2 to 3 weeks and i will leave with a complete system.

7 gallon tank

twin viair compressors (380s)

8-1/2" valves

1/2" air line

pressure switch

10 switch box

4 bags- air lift dominnators

all the fittings needed

all the hardware to mount bags

$2,400 cash

i have never had bags and for sure dont know anything about them. however i have had many cars with hydraulics and the price sounds close to what it would cost for a basic 2 or 3 pump setup.

edit: im not looking to lay frame im not into that. i just want something to play with once and a while.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Bring it to me, I'll have that shit done over the weekend for half the price:trippy:

You need to get that bish running first:pardon:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

This is kinda a side note. Well first is he doing it on the side? Or is it thru the shop? If its thru the shop ask him how much it would be for credit card. If he says the same, talk him down (costs him a % for cc or a flat fee). You might already have known that, just checkin. And make sure you write a contract out when you give him the cash so he doesn't try suing your ass. Just my .02

fyi i said bag it not put you in the trunk and slam it hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa na i was talkin to my unc he is gonna put the transmission in for me so thats gonna save some change. all i gotta do now is wait till u fall asleep and get your sundowns :peepwall: im sure i can trade that for a transmission :santa:

/Rant

This is kinda a side note. Well first is he doing it on the side? Or is it thru the shop? If its thru the shop ask him how much it would be for credit card. If he says the same, talk him down (costs him a % for cc or a flat fee). You might already have known that, just checkin. And make sure you write a contract out when you give him the cash so he doesn't try suing your ass. Just my .02

its a shop and i didnt know about the cc thing thanks. he said i pay half before and the rest of the cash after the job is done. it sounds good but i have no clue if the parts and brands are good. or if there is another route to go.

/Rant

its a shop and i didnt know about the cc thing thanks. he said i pay half before and the rest of the cash after the job is done. it sounds good but i have no clue if the parts and brands are good. or if there is another route to go.

Its normally 3-5%. Business's won't tell you, but if they ask they know what your talking about.

Funny how that works isn't it ;) haha not

fyi i said bag it not put you in the trunk and slam it hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa na i was talkin to my unc he is gonna put the transmission in for me so thats gonna save some change. all i gotta do now is wait till u fall asleep and get your sundowns :peepwall: im sure i can trade that for a transmission :santa:

Don't act like it ain't layin' frame everytime you wiggle into the drivers seat, tuckin' 16's son!!!:clapping:

Come get 'em, they're in my closet, if you can make it out alive with them, they're yours:ph34r:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

viair compressors are very nice and a twin 380 will fill a 7 gallon tank pretty quick

if you want to play with the bags I would consider 2 7 gallon tanks or possibly just one 7 and a nitrogen tank

air lift dominators are also nice bags I haven't read to many horror stories about blowouts and what not.. I personally would run slam specialties but air lift is still up there

if he is not tubbing it or doing any other work besides installing the bags and what not I say $2400 is too much

thats what I would expect from a shop making your car lay frame because there is so much work involved

the most welding the shop will do is the bag bracket to your axle.

what's this going in anyways? and how many cars are you on now :lol:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

My set up in my 62 cost 1200 3 years ago and I put in myself with basically everthing you listed but I have slam specialty bags so the shop is basically charging you 1200 to put it in 2-3 weeks is way to long I did mine in a weekend and I've never done bags befor

1200 for install sounds right to me without a hook up

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Don't act like it ain't layin' frame everytime you wiggle into the drivers seat, tuckin' 16's son!!!:clapping:

Come get 'em, they're in my closet, if you can make it out alive with them, they're yours:ph34r:

:orly3: pullin out the driveway now :yahoo:

viair compressors are very nice and a twin 380 will fill a 7 gallon tank pretty quick

if you want to play with the bags I would consider 2 7 gallon tanks or possibly just one 7 and a nitrogen tank

air lift dominators are also nice bags I haven't read to many horror stories about blowouts and what not.. I personally would run slam specialties but air lift is still up there

if he is not tubbing it or doing any other work besides installing the bags and what not I say $2400 is too much

thats what I would expect from a shop making your car lay frame because there is so much work involved

the most welding the shop will do is the bag bracket to your axle.

what's this going in anyways? and how many cars are you on now :lol:

lol its goin in the vic im gonna start workin on it again. i have a friend thats gonna finish the welding that matt started shave the doors and the rear like i was talking to matt about. and some other stuff. harvest is over and tax season is right around the corner by march my goal is to have body started bags and 24s.

My set up in my 62 cost 1200 3 years ago and I put in myself with basically everthing you listed but I have slam specialty bags so the shop is basically charging you 1200 to put it in 2-3 weeks is way to long I did mine in a weekend and I've never done bags befor

1200 for install sounds right to me without a hook up

hmm if its that easy i might try and read up on it and give it a shot. i was thinking there was gonna be a lot of cutting and welding like hydraulics. got any pics of the install on the 62?

do either of you know where i can buy the parts to do it myself?

thanks for the help so far :drink40:

/Rant

Archived