Sonic Electronix

How do I lower the Fs of a sub?

that sub is going to need the box to be huge probably, not sure as I have never used it or seen specs, all I know is it's a 4hp knock off

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

sorry to break it to you guys but sealed gets lower than ported does in car :pardon:

Not if its done right. Never heard a sealed box get lower than my DD. And i have heard 3x more cone area play in a sealed box.

actually you have never done it right, there is a reason sealed boxes do great in HT, how about infinite baffle? thats a type of sealed box, I bet those don't get low either though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

actually you have never done it right, there is a reason sealed boxes do great in HT, how about infinite baffle? thats a type of sealed box, I bet those don't get low either though

I have never what what? I don't make sealed boxes, and i know i have done my setup right. <_<

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I have never what what? I don't make sealed boxes, and i know i have done my setup right. <_<

yeah Ok I believe that 99% of people can't build a box worth a flying fuck. chances are your one of them

mcintoshsigz.png

yeah Ok I believe that 99% of people can't build a box worth a flying fuck. chances are your one of them

What makes you say that? Honestly i'm curious. I didn't design it, had a pro do that.

because all they do is throw a random enclosure in the car, ask 9/10 people what the transfer function of their car is and they will look at you like your speaking chinese. I know of like 5-10 people that actually make the box for their car, not the sub, you can have the box perfect for the sub out side of the car but as soon as you put it in the car it's totally wrong

mcintoshsigz.png

Well... if 9/10 of us don't know, make a good write up about how to use this transfer functionor point us to one. Id love to learn instead of being told I don't know.

it's a record of the cabin gain your car has with out any eq/box rise messing it up so you know exactly how to design the box to get a perfect sound in your car. knowing the dead spots and stuff like that is nice to, when ever I do it for the new car I'll right something up

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived