Sonic Electronix

have any of u ppl had any experience with these subs? my friend has one and he has no clue about makin boxes and stuff and not to mention he has no manual for it. what im wonderin is what was the best enclosure designs as in cu. ft and tunage? any input is apreciated! ive looked on jl's site but im still wantin input from someone with experience on them.

Edited by adam4563

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

Guest MegaloManiac

rule of thumb to go by for any sub is:

10" ~1 cube ported

12" ~2-2.5 cubes ported

15" ~3.5-4 cubes ported

18" ~6+ cubes ported

Disclaimer: its just a guide, isn't necessarily the case always

Edited by MegaloManiac

that doesnt help here. i know another guy on the forum had 6 inverted in a ported wall and wasnt too impressed with them.

oo well its not my system. im just tryin to help a friend get some kinda boom in his car.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

Guest MegaloManiac

so you never said what size sub it was :confused:

that doesnt help here. i know another guy on the forum had 6 inverted in a ported wall and wasnt too impressed with them.

thats cause you're a basshead :P: w6 is an sq sub iirc

Edited by MegaloManiac