How big of a difference would this make??

if you seal the trunk, then deadening the trunk would be pointless imo since everything would be sealed from it. also, 3 db is a lot to gain in doing modifications. i'd do it regardless tho

yeah I'm gonna seal it off because that would help out the most i think and as for the psi recone if i get it done it will be a more efficient recone and it will be dual 1 ohm so i can get about a 0.7-0.9 ohm load after impedance rise and hopefully that will give me more output than being run at a 1.3-1.4 ohm load and plus the added efficiency of the recone might help. and yeah your right it wouldn't really do much if its completely sealed off from the trunk.

The recone would help you get more power into the sub, you just gotta ask yourself if its worth it to you. The recones arent exactly cheap, shipping alone is like 30 bucks, haha.

Th "Cleanest" way to do it would be an even layer of spray foam covered with sound deadening to make it look better.

Also keep in mind, dropping below 1 ohm is ALOT more demanding on your cars electrial system... I would make sure you have the big 3 done, and a second battery.

Yeah I live in memphis which is about 20 minutes away from psi's shop so I can drop off my sub with dave at psi and he told me around $120 for the recone and I have done the big 3 and I'm eventually going to get a deka 9a31 for a battery in the back then I should be golden as for keeping up with the amp. Also wouldn't spraying that foam stuff leave a huge mess if I ever want to take out my system?

Yup, it would leave a mess, lol. Im sure there is a way around it though... maybe put a layer of alminum foil down on the parts you will spray before you spray the foam?

Should give you a tight seal, and should be fairly easy to remove when needed.

I have never done it, but im sure someone who has done it will chime in good.gif

it takes a lil more work on your part but me and my brother did something like this to his car like they are saying make a frame slides over the box and once we got it fit, we took some super wood slide it under the box fiber glassed the corners that kept everything neat and in order so when we put the foam in it didnt get all over everything.and just got a beauty board to cover the front . i think he metered a 144.6 with 2 10s on about 2k

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Just a FYI the world record for AS3 is 152.4

I also compete in AS3 too

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Just a FYI the world record for AS3 is 152.4

I also compete in AS3 too

I'm not trying to go for world record just the state record in tennessee.

1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them)

Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx

Pioneer Mvh-P8200

Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq

Crescendo CCX6.5's

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4

C&D UPS490-MR in the back

2008 Kia Rio Lx

If you want to seal off your trunk, but don't want to leave any spray foam around when you want to pull it out you can put plastic wrap around where you want to spray the foam, or you can spray the foam into plastic bags and shape the foam as it expands inside the bag.

As far as the recone, a more efficient sub (spl @ 1w/1m) won't necessarily be better, in some cases it can get louder on less power, and in some cases it means it will reach it's limits sooner and will not get as loud, but you'd have to do the recone to know. A recone can also change your subs characteristics and after the recone it may need a completely different box too.

If you are willing to spend 120 on a recone, why don't you see what you could sell your amp for and see what power that amount of money plus the 120 could get you?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want