Does any one know how hard it would be to put a 2002 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 into a 1993 Ford Ranger(2WD)?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Depends on how mechanically and electrically adept you are and if they are the same generation truck. If you grabbed the engine trans harness and PCM from the new truck, and it bolted into the old, it would just be a matter of matching up the old body harness to the new engine harness. Getting at the harnesses would be the hard part. After that it's just looking at diagrams and splicing wires.

GRANTED it is a lot easier said than done but if you really wanted to do it...

ALSO! If it's an engine that was available in '93, just revised or whatever, you could probably make it work just by swapping to older accessories.

Edited by white4d96

Too many projects, too little time...

your goin to have to see if the tranny you have will work with the v6 if you didn't get the one that came with it and the fuel pump and return system if your truck had one are goin to have to be changed and motor mounts are another issue do a little investigating into it I hope you have the computer and wiring harness as well cause you will need it good luck

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

[quote name='white4d96' date='03 December 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1291411627' post='1297986'

GRANTED it is a lot easier said than done but if you really wanted to do it...

It's more have to the engine is finished in my truck ('93 Mazda B3000) and I was looking for an upgrade.

Youtube Channel

The swap is very simple. It's the same engine with more displacement. Just swap out the ecu and your good to go. The trans bell housing will bolt right up also if I remember right.

Edit: I think I might be wrong. Let's start here. What engine is in the truck already?

Edited by xXxOuTLaWxXx

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

The swap is very simple. It's the same engine with more displacement. Just swap out the ecu and your good to go. The trans bell housing will bolt right up also if I remember right.

Edit: I think I might be wrong. Let's start here. What engine is in the truck already?

I know I should have said this from the beginning (don't ask why I didn't).

My truck is a 1993 Mazda B3000 with the original 3.0L V6. It decided to quite on me, which means rebuild or get a new one. I figured since I need to pull the engine out ether way might as well upgrade. I found a 2002 Ford Explorer V6 for sale and this brings us to where we are now.

Youtube Channel

Alright, thanks for the re-cap. When you pull the engine, just make sure you grab the engine harness and ecu. Fabing up motor mounts is the easy part. I would suggest you have a pro splice in the ford harness like somebody has already mentioned. The trans from the ford will fit under the mazda aswell with very little fabrication. That way the ford ecu can work like it should with the electronic trans and engine because the throttle position sensor on the motor also works to tell the trans what gear it should be in. I'll see if I can't find you a splice in harness that's just plug and play. I know there are a lot of people doing exactly what you are doing. They even ran an episode on the show "Trucks" except they went a bit further with it.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

They even ran an episode on the show "Trucks" except they went a bit further with it.

I've seen it. I would like to throw a V8 in but don't have that kind of money.

Youtube Channel