DC Sound Lab

DC Level 5 My first 18"

Should really step up to 0 Gauge power wire. And big 3 is definitely needed.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

I may use some 0 gauge wire. Already had plenty of the 4 gauge is why i thought of doubling up. The Shop will def. do the Big 3 to my truck when i drop it off. Anyone else have an opinion advice is always helpful.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

The big 3 should be your first priority. Next you should get in on the Holiday sale XS Power is having and get a new front battery and probably a decent size one, maybe a 3400, for the rear. For 2500w this should sustain your voltage fairly well. You also need to use 0 gauge wire, 4 gauge will do but you will end up going back later and doing it with 0, so you might as well do it right the first time.

When it comes time to build your box, I would do something around 7-7.5ft3 after displacements since you are only running 2500w to it. You want to go with the bigger box because you are going to be seeing 2k at best after rise out of the Kicker 2500. I would also use 16-18 in2 of port per ft3 and tune 32-35hz.

The big 3 should be your first priority. Next you should get in on the Holiday sale XS Power is having and get a new front battery and probably a decent size one, maybe a 3400, for the rear. For 2500w this should sustain your voltage fairly well. You also need to use 0 gauge wire, 4 gauge will do but you will end up going back later and doing it with 0, so you might as well do it right the first time.

When it comes time to build your box, I would do something around 7-7.5ft3 after displacements since you are only running 2500w to it. You want to go with the bigger box because you are going to be seeing 2k at best after rise out of the Kicker 2500. I would also use 16-18 in2 of port per ft3 and tune 32-35hz.

Thats a little to large imo. Ive never ran a Level 5 but have had an XL 18 and it seemed to like 6-6.5 with about 12-14sq in of port per cube.

Yes the Level 5 and XL are different subs but there not that different.

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I smell recone lmao

and you are?

Good job starting off with the put downs.

OP, stick around on this site and you'll learn alot. there are alot of good people here,

(unlike this guy^^) who will teach you alot. Take the advice for granted.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Thanks for the help guys and now i have a couple of things look into closely to make it sound perfect. I will prob try to hit up some competion just for fun if any happen to show up in Ga. Thanks C fizzy was hoping everyone was not like that.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

Thats a little to large imo. Ive never ran a Level 5 but have had an XL 18 and it seemed to like 6-6.5 with about 12-14sq in of port per cube.

Yes the Level 5 and XL are different subs but there not that different.

I would only put the Level 5 in a 5.5-6 cube box if it is going to be getting 4-5000w or more. With him running the Kicker 2500 at 2 ohms, after allowing for rise and possible voltage drop, he will be lucky to get 2000w out of that amp. I would put the sub in the bigger box to allow for greater efficiency with the power he is going to give it. I have had a level 5 in a 5.5 cube box but gave it 5k and it ran great but dont think it would have sounded nearly as good in the same box on 2500w or less.

I smell recone lmao

and you are?

Good job starting off with the put downs.

OP, stick around on this site and you'll learn alot. there are alot of good people here,

(unlike this guy^^) who will teach you alot. Take the advice for granted.

He is called theking, who cares who he is? :rofl:

2500w and 6.5 cu ft should be good :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Thanks for the help guys and now i have a couple of things look into closely to make it sound perfect. I will prob try to hit up some competion just for fun if any happen to show up in Ga. Thanks C fizzy was hoping everyone was not like that.

I know you just spent a shit ton on that beautiful lvl5. but dont forget about your electrical aswell. i would suggest a bigger front battery (XS power or Kinetik) and something better for a rear batt then a yellow top.

That should take care of your kicker pretty well. that sub will love the 2500.1

but one question, you DID get D1 ohm coils, right?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?