Career Recommendations

Oh and I visited some websites an they ha forums for engineers and apparently it's hard getting a job, but I guess right now that's the same for everyone. Good luck man. The best thing u can do is take all te courses u can in high school all at university level and that will keep ur options open.

True, but it helps knowing people. Unfortunately idk people in those fields

The guy who posted earlier is not joking. I got my b/s in math, in the masters program the majority of people are from India and china. The worst part is there are damn near no women in the engineering field...

meh, theres always a club. Fake ideas FTW lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Enter a field that you will love. You don't want to hate waking up every morning going to a job you hate until you retire. Police force would be a good job in my opinion. That's what you want to do and I imagine you could get good benefits and retirement.

Also how much you make is not everything man. Someone can have a lot of money and buy all the toys they want but if they can't budget there money and keep up with payments/insurance or whatever else they want keep those toys long.

This is just my opinion and what I have been told by the elders I respect in my life. By the way I am 19 and started my career right out of high school making 50,000+ a year. But I am very fortunate and thankful.

I'm finishing in Mechanical engineering next year. I love it/ Look into it. Not only are you exposed to electrical, but also mechanical systems and engines, introduced to thermodynamics and heat transfer laws that are used in designing all sorts of car engines, jet engines etc. It's a tough program, but the field is really broad and I plan on getting a 40k whip a year or two after I finish...I'll be like 23. I already have a job if I want as well. I'm in a co-op program, which means I have some semesters of full-time work for engineering companies. It's really amazing, and I always integrate car audio into my learning, and use my engineering knowledge in my car audio design.

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Enter a field that you will love. You don't want to hate waking up every morning going to a job you hate until you retire. Police force would be a good job in my opinion. That's what you want to do and I imagine you could get good benefits and retirement.

Also how much you make is not everything man. Someone can have a lot of money and buy all the toys they want but if they can't budget there money and keep up with payments/insurance or whatever else they want keep those toys long.

This is just my opinion and what I have been told by the elders I respect in my life. By the way I am 19 and started my career right out of high school making 50,000+ a year. But I am very fortunate and thankful.

This is completely true. But, if someone doesnt make much money, how could they buy any toys?

Yeah, you are lucky. If you dont mind me asking, what do you do?

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

I'm finishing in Mechanical engineering next year. I love it/ Look into it. Not only are you exposed to electrical, but also mechanical systems and engines, introduced to thermodynamics and heat transfer laws that are used in designing all sorts of car engines, jet engines etc. It's a tough program, but the field is really broad and I plan on getting a 40k whip a year or two after I finish...I'll be like 23. I already have a job if I want as well. I'm in a co-op program, which means I have some semesters of full-time work for engineering companies. It's really amazing, and I always integrate car audio into my learning, and use my engineering knowledge in my car audio design.

Ill do some research on Mechanical Engineering. A 40k ride at age 23? Can I say DAMN!?! lol. In my science classes, I integrate car audio to what I learn also. It makes the class much easier

LMFAO so true

I am a pipe welder for a company called Rolls Royce Energy in Mount Vernon, Ohio.

That seems like an easy job.

LMFAO so true

Lol if you think its easy you should do some research on pipe welding. We weld high pressure stainless steel pipe that gets pressure tested and than each weld gets x-rayed. We weld any size pipe from 1/2" up to 24". It's not exactly easy but a field where you can never know or learn everything.

It's also pretty cool to know that some pipes I have welded for our units are now all over the world like Russia and China. Lol

Archived