Sundown Audio

Zx750.1 Will It Hold A 1.3 Load?

pstone11

my experience with the ZX series amps is that they suck balls @ anything under 2 ohms. But they are rated for 2 ohms so you can't really complain unless you forgot to read the specs before you bought the amp. They are wonderful @ 2 or 4 ohms. I've never ran any other loads with the ZX series successfully.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

my experience with the ZX series amps is that they suck balls @ anything under 2 ohms. But they are rated for 2 ohms so you can't really complain unless you forgot to read the specs before you bought the amp. They are wonderful @ 2 or 4 ohms. I've never ran any other loads with the ZX series successfully.

Thanks man - That's the definite answer I was looking for..

NOW - How'z about the diamond amps??

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

The alpine pdx line is very impressive.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9113_Alpine+PDX-1.600.html#

$330

600rms by 1 at both 2 and 4 ohm loads.

Its also underrated and fusted at 80 amps.

The thing I like about them is they are tiny, stackable (all pdx amps are the same size), and get loud.

I think a guy I know said he hit 137db on one 600.1 with 1 12" type x in the spare tire well of his jetta.

The alpine pdx line is very impressive.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9113_Alpine+PDX-1.600.html#

$330

600rms by 1 at both 2 and 4 ohm loads.

Its also underrated and fusted at 80 amps.

The thing I like about them is they are tiny, stackable (all pdx amps are the same size), and get loud.

I think a guy I know said he hit 137db on one 600.1 with 1 12" type x in the spare tire well of his jetta.

Those are really cool, and space saving.. but I'm looking for a bit more power, and for some reason - those look a little fragile. This setup is gonna go in my other truck(not the Burban... :) )....the one that gets beat....carries my dirtbike....randomly falls into muddy ditches......goes camping....and everything in between....

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

those little alpine amps are bad ass! they have them at the sound advice in orlando, and the 1000rms one is $1g. i was like damn. but its digital, and TINY as hell. plus cea-2006 compliant. so you know its underrated.

Yeah - i saw them at the last show here.. I'm not saying that they aren't good... I judt don't think that they can take a beating..... like physically. I'm gonna call out DC audio on this project too.... see if their subs can take some serious physical and environmental abuse...