TeejayBee Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 Lol we got so much snow in pa last year and a durango should of done better my blazer was a tank in snow i raced trucks in the snow on roads when we were'd aloud out nothing happened took turns and all 4x4 or not if you have 4x4 and it snows use it nuff said, user error
Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 Even yet, you didn't carefully read what I stated. Stay slow when it snows. I have a lot of experience with snow. I grew up with atleast 4ft. Of snow on the ground at all times during the winter, not 2in. If you lived where we lived we don't get snow so we have literally no experience in driving 4 inches of snow that we got within a day. Lol we got so much snow in pa last year and a durango should of done better my blazer was a tank in snow i raced trucks in the snow on roads when we were'd aloud out nothing happened took turns and all 4x4 or not if you have 4x4 and it snows use it nuff said, user error According to the other guy 4 wheel drive only helps when driving in a straight line. He doesn't use his 4x4 all the time so you naturally forget you have it. And I told him if he would have remembered his 4wd he would have probably made it through perfectly. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 Yeah, I seen about a hundred accident within a matter of an hour when I lived in NM the first year and they only got about a half inch of snow once a year. I got pulled over for doing the speed limit down there during the snow "storm" and the cop was giving me a hard time about not driving slower untill he seen my drivers license. Haha "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
BASS14 Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 Okay, I live in MN and have never had an accident in the snow or ice for that matter. It's not "mother natures" fault people have these problems, it's the idiots behind the wheel. You can't expect to drive the speed limit when there is snow on the roads. I see it all the time. When it snows I take all back highways because I know there are a bunch of dumb asses that think "oh, I have a big truck that's 4wd so I don't have to worry about it. 4wd only helps in a straight line, it does nothing for turning. Slow down and be cautious, save lives, save your ride! So your saying my buddy is a idiot? And did I say it was "mother natures" fault? And if you would have read the thread you would have seen he does in fact have a 4x4 but he didn't use it. needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,< was thinking the same thing. also about the hitting the gas and not brakes does work in most situations. if the truck is junk just take the rims and tires off and let it sit on the brake drums/rotors and call it a day thats why i dont understand getting a 4x4 and putting like 20's with little tires on defeats the purpose We don't get that much snow around here. Big snow like this just happens from time to time. We are usually lucky to get 1-2 inches. Actually rebel you did, notice your title " see what the snow does" so yes you did say its mother natures fault.like others have said IF you need to go out in bad weather slow the hell down. Others wise its always best to just stay off the roads and wait it out, and before anyone askes if I have ever driven in snowy bad weather, I live in wisconsin so you do the math Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessionsSubs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3 Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aeroMids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4 Deck-Factory IntegrationWiring-Memphis40sqft of damplifier Pro http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mheeSMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 The reason 4wd doesn't help when your turning is because when you have 4,000lbs going around a corner the G forces make the whole vehicle slide sideways. If you were going around a corner in town then yes it would help, but not on the highways or interstate "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
hershy314 Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 That really does suck,and a good reason why I don't like snow myself http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 Okay, I live in MN and have never had an accident in the snow or ice for that matter. It's not "mother natures" fault people have these problems, it's the idiots behind the wheel. You can't expect to drive the speed limit when there is snow on the roads. I see it all the time. When it snows I take all back highways because I know there are a bunch of dumb asses that think "oh, I have a big truck that's 4wd so I don't have to worry about it. 4wd only helps in a straight line, it does nothing for turning. Slow down and be cautious, save lives, save your ride! So your saying my buddy is a idiot? And did I say it was "mother natures" fault? And if you would have read the thread you would have seen he does in fact have a 4x4 but he didn't use it. needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,< was thinking the same thing. also about the hitting the gas and not brakes does work in most situations. if the truck is junk just take the rims and tires off and let it sit on the brake drums/rotors and call it a day thats why i dont understand getting a 4x4 and putting like 20's with little tires on defeats the purpose We don't get that much snow around here. Big snow like this just happens from time to time. We are usually lucky to get 1-2 inches. Actually rebel you did, notice your title " see what the snow does" so yes you did say its mother natures fault.like others have said IF you need to go out in bad weather slow the hell down. Others wise its always best to just stay off the roads and wait it out, and before anyone askes if I have ever driven in snowy bad weather, I live in wisconsin so you do the math The way I meant the title is not the way some people are taking it. I couldn't figure out what I should put so I just through what first thought came into my head. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Emoxihax Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 dude that's why If I have to drive in the snow I'll go as slow as possible, I'm not fucking up my shit lol no rush 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
TeejayBee Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 The reason 4wd doesn't help when your turning is because when you have 4,000lbs going around a corner the G forces make the whole vehicle slide sideways. If you were going around a corner in town then yes it would help, but not on the highways or interstate lmao captin know it all here is making shit up. Ive gone around turns in my blazer 4x4 on 8"s of packed snow doing 40 and been fine
Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 TeeJay: Alright bro, drive how you want. You mess up your shit. I know what I,m ralking about. As Bass14, I know he knows better also. I don't know it all, but when you grow up in Minnesota and everybody drives 4wd's I think I know quite a bit about the snow for being 28yrs old and not some dumb ass kid. The way you keep saying "dumbass kid" you make it sound like any teenager is a dumb fuck know it all who can't drive. Please GTFO my thread. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.