Second Skin Audio

Pyle 21 enclosure

What do you guys think I should build?

My current thoughts are either a tapped horn or a t-line (both are almost the same actually lol). Primarily going to be for home theater. I think the enclosure will have to build in two parts that bolt together to fit through doors and down stairs and stuff, lmao :)

Here's the specs for anyone who wants to play:

1000w RMS

8 ohm single coil

Fs 22hz

Qms 2.7

Qes 0.153

Qts 0.1453

SPL 107

Vas 791L

So, votes or ideas, or does anyone have something experimental they'd like to add to the thoughts pile? Especially looking for ideas to increase subsonic (0-25hz) output ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

at a vas of 791 liters, the tline or horn would have to be 10x that in length, not worth it. build at least a 10-12 cube (16 or 20 would be better) ported box and call it good.

Edited by s_carter

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

at a vas of 791 liters, the tline or horn would have to be 10x that in length, not worth it. build at least a 10-12 cube (16 or 20 would be better) ported box and call it good.

10 times 28 cubic feet in length? huh? Liters is a volume measurement, not a length measurement.

These specs might be a bit more correct, supposedly after testing 4 drivers these are the average numbers (came from "magnetar") but they seem.. way different.

Fs: 31.61 Hz

Re: 5.59 ohms

Qms: 4.03

Qes: 0.38

Qts: 0.34

Vas: 9.69 cu. ft.

SPL: 95 dB 1W/1m

Anyways, a t-line will end up around 17ft^3 tuned to just under 30hz.. hm.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Coming from Pyle, each sub tested pry has far different numbers lol

Btw, I bet if you throw 1K of real power on that sub, not 1K of Pyle power, that thing will go up in smoke! Haha

Edited by xXxOuTLaWxXx

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Coming from Pyle, each sub tested pry has far different numbers lol

Btw, I bet if you throw 1K of real power on that sub, not 1K of Pyle power, that thing will go up in smoke! Haha

i agree with this guy.... can we hoock it up to my friends ap 1500 at 1 ohm and see what happens?

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

The last Pyle 18" I ran for a few hours at roughly 300 watts RMS on a Sherwood low impedance stereo receiver (rated 120 watts RMS at 8 ohms per channel, with each 4 ohm coil to left and right channels of the receiver) in an 8 cubic foot box tuned to 20 hertz, before it overheated the motor and melted the glue holding the coil windings to the former. Cheap China made glue for the win. I can't see how the 21" model would use better glue, so just a friendly warning.

I have run my share of cheap subs in my day, and I have to say, I like the Pyramid Super Pro 18's a lot more than the Pyle 18's. Not a lot of xmax to them, but they do seem to hold up to a lot of abuse. I had two of them in up firing sealed boxes running about 1000 watts RMS in the back of my Bronco, and the back window was broken out so when I was out wheeling in the mud, the cones would fill up with water, and they held up for something like two years like that before getting stolen.

Edited by s_carter

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Dont worry, I wont be feeding it 1KW lol :)

Most i've got to throw its way is about 400w an an A/B amp.

Hammerdown... 1%

you sure you´ll have 400 watts for a 8 ohms single coil sub?

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Yes.

Found another amp in storage. Significantly more than 400w from it.

Amp i'm going to use: Rauland CCA300 (tested over 400w @ 8 ohms)

Second amp that may see use: Yorkville Audiopro 1200

I need to get an external crossover setup for them..

Hammerdown... 1%

gthe length of a tline has nothing to do with vas, its completely based on the Fs of the sub , you take speed of sound..1130 ft/sec and divide it by the Fs to get a whole wave, then divide that number by 4 to get the quarter wave length which is what most tlines are, quarterwaves