replace these pain in the ass bars

trunkbars.jpg

with these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HATCH-LIFT-SUPPORT-ARMS-GAS-SPRINGS-HATCHBACK-CAMARO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c58c38c50QQitemZ190467771472QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4431wt_958

it says i cant fit it on my year of car which is an 86 monte carlo. but with some fab work. could it work.

the reason i want to get rid of them is so i can seal my trunk off properly

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

idk if it would work i am wondering that too...im bout to just cut mine out cuz i wouls have bout 4 more inches in height without them but idk what happens if they are gone

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

idk if it would work i am wondering that too...im bout to just cut mine out cuz i wouls have bout 4 more inches in height without them but idk what happens if they are gone

the trunk would probly just shut kinda like how some hoods have the lil stand to keep them up. but thats what those bars are for

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

replace these pain in the ass bars

trunkbars.jpg

with these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HATCH-LIFT-SUPPORT-ARMS-GAS-SPRINGS-HATCHBACK-CAMARO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c58c38c50QQitemZ190467771472QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4431wt_958

it says i cant fit it on my year of car which is an 86 monte carlo. but with some fab work. could it work.

the reason i want to get rid of them is so i can seal my trunk off properly

thats what I loved about my accord....it had a pair of these that made it much simpler. the prelude has those springs though....if you have a knowledge of metal fab and welding, I would make 2 pockets (if theres room) along the sides of the trunk opening, for them to fold down into. I don't see why it wouldnt work. as long as you don't screw with the seal or the latch. this could actually be a nice little weekend project as long as its engineered correctly.

and zach, I believe without those tension springs, the trunk would be unstable and wouldnt stay open.

edit: looking at a pic of a 95 accord trunk lid, you could probably pick up a pair of the hinge/shocks at a junkyard to play with.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco