Second Skin Audio

best way to cover a speaker pod in vinyl ???

im thinking i will do the bondo ... the pod right now is pretty strong but i think bondo will add more strength and then i might just sand smooth and paint pos. ill try the vinyl first

Next time try building up with fiberglass from the inside and then light bondo the outside. makes for less sanding. Those are looking sweet though, good job.

Team DC/Team DEFJ

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood DDX 719

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

2 DC Audio Full Carbon LVL6 M2 18's

4 Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp's

1000-4

600-4

5 Sets Rockford T3 Components

Ipad Dash

My Youtube Page

91188a0.jpgsmallbanner.jpg

thanks it was my first time didnt really know what i was doing lol finished my doors will have 2x 6.5 orion components ... im sporting all orion speakers and Rockford amps going with the underdog speakers

does bondo create a smell like fiberglass resin does ??? i had no idea the resin had such a strong sell and my house smelled for a couple days ... >.< when i did the last layer outside i think thats what make id not smooth because from the cold the resin got clumpy rather quick ...

Edited by michigancapri92

ok so i put speaker in to see how it sounded and i have alot of little holes to fill at the edges no big deal but also the pod sounds very resonant i think that's the right word ... like the pod needs to be more dense ... how can i do that ? would the bondo help that and would filling pod with poli fill remedy that along with little more bass from poli fill ?

ok so i put speaker in to see how it sounded and i have alot of little holes to fill at the edges no big deal but also the pod sounds very resonant i think that's the right word ... like the pod needs to be more dense ... how can i do that ? would the bondo help that and would filling pod with poli fill remedy that along with little more bass from poli fill ?

body filler is made to smooth a surface, not to be caked on. you spread it on as thin as possible and sand it smooth.

pods should be built like bricks to stop that resonance. you can get fiberglass reinforced body filler and just smear it around inside the pod.

to seal the holes, if they are small, you could just use resin and pour it inside the pod.

as for the vinyl, some types are stretchier than others. but its all about how you pull. my 1st time went pretty bad lol. i had to watch someone do it. start in the middle and work your way out. you can come back to some wrinkles. get one curve close then move back and re-stretch the wrinkles. dont worry about pulling too hard. leave a lot of extra material for you to pull on, dont just cut it to length.

hope that helps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks i guess i will be adding a couple more layers of fiberglass to make everything rock solid and fill in all the holes. i will be just sanding super smooth and painting no vinyl.

Edited by michigancapri92

thank you !!! *blush it was kind of a disaster in the background ... i had resin all over my hands i didnt cut the fiber glass small enough so i had bubbles EVERYWHERE there were fiber glass strands COVERED on the brush , the handle , the cup , it was just ... terrible ... it was super cold out so the resin like clumped up INSTANTLY ( i think it was the cold ) hopefully my next layers go ALOT smoother