Need Help With My Electrical Build.

Well I found that my Treo 1500.1 will not run at .5daily,which is fine I just have to go back to my budget amps.Which alright just arent as efficent as I would like them to be.

Okay the amps I will be using:Power Acoustik 3000ds,great budget amps.Their a lil over rated but u can get a solid clean 1800-2000wrms out of each of em.I will be setting the gain in the 3000-3500wrms range strapped at 2ohms.

I currently have one Kinetik 2000 in the front with 1 2awg powa wire running to the back.I have a Iraggi 260amp alt coming in soon,BTW great prices on these alts.

I want to try to keep it to a minium.So what do I need as far as # of runs to the back using 2awg,and I am sure I need an extra battery,so what is the smallest battery I can throw back there,I figured it might as well be a kinetik too.

Thanks for any input fellas.

Well in my Explorer Sport, I have an iraggi 240, and a 2400 and 1800. I have two AX3000DE amps which are roughly 3,600 watts at 2 ohms each. I still am not getting enough power to them. I have two runs of 1/0 ga wire front to back for power. I will probably get another two 2400's and if I have to, another 240 alternator with custom bracket. With that being said, maybe this will give you an idea of where you should be.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

KINETIK says for the power u want to run that u need (2) 1800 in the back along with the 1 in the front(i would go with (2) 2000 to keep them al the same. Kinetik will also tell u that u only need 1 run of 0 ga. from the front batt to the rear batts if they r the same batts.

My amplifiers draw 300 amps each...that is 600 total just from the amps. What about the rest of the truck? You need more than that, trust me.

That is my truck..Yours might require less though.

Edited by Cpl Dozier

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Well in my Explorer Sport, I have an iraggi 240, and a 2400 and 1800. I have two AX3000DE amps which are roughly 3,600 watts at 2 ohms each. I still am not getting enough power to them. I have two runs of 1/0 ga wire front to back for power. I will probably get another two 2400's and if I have to, another 240 alternator with custom bracket. With that being said, maybe this will give you an idea of where you should be.

3600 watts each?I am looking for 3000-3500 total.

Thanks for the input.

I would just recommend what someone told me. Think of the wire size like drinking through a straw. Take one of those little coffee stirrer straws and try to put down a 12 oz drink. With that analogy in mind, I would recommend getting rid of the #2 and running 1/0 at least. Just me though.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

definitely get rid of that 2 ga and get 1/0 although it might come in handy from your distribution block to your amps or batteries to amp.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module