Sonic Electronix

So you want ot do something like this?

Or just have the port going through that hole?

1KW for the mids/highs when you are only running 2KW for the subs? And you won't need 2 alts for that. To stop dimming you could replace all the lights with LEDs, then you won't have any dimming at all :)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

1KW for the mids/highs when you are only running 2KW for the subs? And you won't need 2 alts for that. To stop dimming you could replace all the lights with LEDs, then you won't have any dimming at all :)

In order: Either one. Port through hole would be preferred. If I can't get a car where the armrest folds down, I will port the box normally and fold the seat down.

As for headlights: HID led headlights?

And yes. 1kw for mids and highs. Including about 350w midbass

Edited by Christopher

In order: Either one. Port through hole would be preferred. If I can't get a car where the armrest folds down, I will port the box normally and fold the seat down.

How many comp sets are you gonna run off those 1kw?

And you really don't need 2 alts for that. You can run one decent sized alt and something like a XS Power D3100 and you'll be fine.

But another car you can get is a Grand Prix, they have decent sized trunks and have the fold down arm rest. Well at least the 2000 Grand Prix do.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Will this be a bandpass then? Because that would probably be the best idea if they will be shut in the trunk by themselves.

HID is a different technology, it stands for high Intensity Discharge, as for how it works I don't know. An LED is a Light Emitting Diode, far simpler and it uses less current to run, I don't think there are any LEDs that are bright enough to be used as headlights (particularly high-beams). LEDs could be used for internal lights and pretty much every other light apart from the main headlights.

Is this 350 watts of dedicated midbass? Such as from 70-250hz?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Hey ill have to make another post this evening but my buddy has an Infinity something or other and its got enough room for me to get into the trunk to work (6' 310lbs) and has a fold down armrest and is pretty loud with two tens on about 250watts lol. ill get the year/model today and let you know. btw i can design bandpass if you need a design :)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Will this be a bandpass then? Because that would probably be the best idea if they will be shut in the trunk by themselves.

Is this 350 watts of dedicated midbass? Such as from 70-250hz?

No, and yes. In order

Hey ill have to make another post this evening but my buddy has an Infinity something or other and its got enough room for me to get into the trunk to work (6' 310lbs) and has a fold down armrest and is pretty loud with two tens on about 250watts lol. ill get the year/model today and let you know. btw i can design bandpass if you need a design :)

Ill be looking =)

I'm fine on a design, thanks though

Or heck... What's a good small-midsize pickup that seats at least 4? If a rwd car isn't possible, how about a pickup with a blowthrough and a locking bed cover?

At this point, I am just looking for something that is rwd / 4x4, manual, and something with a lockable trunk that no one can see in to take my subs to be.

Edited by Christopher