Dodge Dakota Fi build... UPDATE: No More wall

My boy runs his 18's in a 13 cube box and they are mayhems but being as the Q's like bigger boxes i'd say try to get around 14-16 max. and see if you can get that port a little bigger since you dont need so much space a good aim point is about 14.5-16 sqinches per cube

and yes i love the Q's too GREAT response on all the frequencies and im running 4 of the old ones and im going to build a wall for 4 of the new ones in my boys blazer

When It comes to ports I am literally reatarted, Im not sure what port and how to tune them, So anyone that could help would be sick!

Right now the plan is an L port..

I Like It LOWWWW

subs foward port up IMO.

320 square inches of port - 256 assuming 16 cubes after all displacements box.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

subs foward port up IMO.

i doubt he'll be able to get that much without a wall but i haven't looked at the dimensions in a bit and its 4am here

i remeber he said 20d and one side is doubled so thats 2.25 so 17.75x 13 or 14 would be good if he got 16 even if its bigger then 16 its better

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

subs foward port up IMO.

i doubt he'll be able to get that much without a wall but i haven't looked at the dimensions in a bit and its 4am here

i remeber he said 20d and one side is doubled so thats 2.25 so 17.75x 13 or 14 would be good if he got 16 even if its bigger then 16 its better

im on east coast as well.

i remember him asying something about 19 cubes, and i figure ill give him 3 cubes for displacements.

BUT

with 14 cubes .. 224 square incehs of port - 280 sqaure inches.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

subs foward port up IMO.

Maybe a little too much but exactly what I was getting at...port up would yield better results and sound better.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Haha Yess, Subs have to be forward... I actually want the port up but like I said Idk how to design that? If someone had a visual I could go off that!

10"s tall, 28"s wide. ill have to come up with a depth for you tomorrow.

edit: i like to use a little bigger port area then the 16:1 ratio.

i prefer a 20:1 ratio. but if 20:1 doesnt sound good enough/isnt loud enough you can shrink it to 16:1 and should be perfect. shrinking it down will also lower your tuning as well.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Haha Yess, Subs have to be forward... I actually want the port up but like I said Idk how to design that? If someone had a visual I could go off that!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamHardKnox2010#p/u/11/mPhyhUHV-bk

like this just the subs forward and a bigger port even though that port is a little big for the box

subs foward port up IMO.

im on east coast as well.

i remember him asying something about 19 cubes, and i figure ill give him 3 cubes for displacements.

BUT

with 14 cubes .. 224 square incehs of port - 280 sqaure inches.

that doesn't sound to bad i was just going a little larger to give him extra room to fine tune it...ya know. Not trying to go against you man :drinks:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived