Sonic Electronix

Dc stopped making the neos. They are hard to find, but if you can they are awesome subs

Edit: my bad holy necrobump

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

There are and were many woofers from the past with neo motors.

Neodymium weighs more then ferrite. Because of a stronger field, you can get away with less weight in subwoofers.

Neodymium will rust and crack easier then ferrite

Neodymium has approximately half the max operating temperature that ferrite offers

Neodymium cost approximately 3x more compared by the same quality ferrite

The only real advantage is more available motor force in the motor sleeve,less motor displacement and lighter then a ferrite of the same motor force.

they lose magnetism when subjected to heat. Dont make them hot.

neodymium magnets that are used in speakers typicaly don't start degradeing untill they reach 450+ degrees. As far as I know, standard adhesives that hold together voice coils break down around 300 degrees

175f is the approx maximum for high grade neodymium. Alloy expands more then ferrite. 482f is ferrite maximum.

Interesting thread. As the owner of a neo woofer I didn't know about the heat thing. I will also say I beat the fuck out of my woofer and have had no issues. If nothing else I love the fact I save alot of weight over a conventional woofer that would be atleast twice as heavy for the power handling I have.

Archived